- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse: (88%)
- IMMUNOGEN: ZNF521 antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human ZNF521.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of ZNF521.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ZNF521 antibody can be used for detection of ZNF521 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 2.5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: ZNF521 antibody is human specific.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-001 - HeLa Cell Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 144 kDa
Observed: 145 kDa
- PURIFICATION: ZNF521 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ZNF521 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ZNF521 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ZNF521
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ZNF521 Antibody: EHZF, Evi3, EHZF, LIP3, Zinc finger protein 521, Early hematopoietic zinc finger protein
- Protein Accession Number: NP_056276
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 24308069
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 25925
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ZNF521 Antibody: The zinc finger protein 521 (ZNF521) is a transcription factor containing an N-terminal transcriptional repressor motif and 30 zinc finger domains. It plays a role in both erythroid cell and osteoblast differentiation during development, inhibiting the activities of early B-cell factor 1 (EBF1) in erythroid cells and Runx2 in osteoblast precursors. ZFP521 binds to both Runx2 and histone deacetylase 3 (HDAC3), promotes their association and antagonizes Runx2 transcriptional activity in a HDAC3-dependent manner, thereby regulating osteoblast differentiation, skeletal development, and bone homeostasis.
- 1: Warming S, Liu P, Suzuki T, et al. Evi3, a common retroviral integration site in murine B-cell lymphoma, encodes a EBFAZ-related Kruppel-like zinc finger protein. Blood 2003; 101:1934-40.
- 2: Matsubara E, Sakai I, Yamanouchi J, et al. The role of zinc finger protein 521/early hematopoietic zinc finger protein in erythroid cell differentiation. J. Biol. Chem. 2009; 284:3480-7.
- 3: Wu M, Hesse E, Morvan F, et al. Zfp521 antagonizes Runx2, delays osteoblast differentiation in vitro, and promotes bone formation in vivo. Bone 2009; 44:528-36.
- 4: Hesse E, Saito H, Kiviranta R, et al. Zfp521 controls bone mass by HDAC3-dependent attenuation of Runx2 activity. J. Cell Biol. 2010; 191:1271-83
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6859
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.