- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-ZIP7 antibody (6093) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 17 amino acids near the amino terminus of human ZIP7.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 20-70 of ZIP7.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 0.5-1 μg/mL; IHC: 2.5 μg/mL; IF: 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human, mouse and rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples; Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1403 - Mouse Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 1204 - K562 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: Cat. No. 1212 - 3T3 (Balb) Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 50kD
Independent Antibody Validation in Cell lines (Figure 1) shows similar ZIP7 expression profile in human cell lines detected by two independent anti-ZIP7 antibodies that recognize different epitopes, 6093 against N-terminus domain and 24-029 against recombinant fusion protein. ZIP7 proteins are detected in all tested cell lines at different expression levels by the two independent antibodies.
- ISOFORMS: Human ZIP7 has one isoform (469aa, 50kD). Mouse ZIP7 has one isoform (476aa, 51kD) and Rat ZIP7 also has one isoform (468aa, 50kD). 6093 can detect human, mouse and rat.
- PURIFICATION: ZIP7 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ZIP7 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ZIP7 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SLC39A7
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ZIP7 Antibody: KE4, HKE4, ZIP7, RING5, H2-KE4, D6S115E, D6S2244E, Zinc transporter SLC39A7, Histidine-rich membrane protein Ke4
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001070984
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 117553619
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7922
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ZIP7 Antibody: The zinc transporter ZIP7, also known as SLC39A7, is a member of a family of divalent ion transporters. Zinc is an essential ion for cells and plays significant roles in the growth, development, and differentiation. ZIP7 was initially identified while characterizing genes in the major histocompatibility complex on chromosome 17. ZIP7 mRNA is abundantly and widely expressed and the protein localizes to the Golgi apparatus. It functions to transport intracellular zinc from the Golgi apparatus to the cytoplasm of the cell. ZIP7 expression is expressed by zinc. ZIP7 has been suggested to act a hub for tyrosine kinase activation and may thus be a potential therapeutic target for diseases such as cancer where prevention of tyrosine kinase activation would be advantageous.
- 1: Dufner-Beattie et al. J. Biol. Chem.2003; 278:50142-50.
- 2: Eide. Pflugers Arch.2004; 447:796-800.
- 3: Taylor and Nicohlson. Biochim. Biophys. Acta.2003; 1611:16-30.
- 4: Lai et al. Genomics1994; 23:338-42.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6093
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin