- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: ZIP13 antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human ZIP13.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 150 - 200 of ZIP13.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P
- APPLICATION NOTE: ZIP13 Antibody can be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least two isoforms of ZIP13 are known to exist; this antibody will detect both isoforms. ZIP13 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other ZIP family members.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1204 - K562 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-901 - Human Spleen Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: ZIP13 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ZIP13 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ZIP13 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Slc39a13
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ZIP13 Antibody: ZIP13, Zinc transporter ZIP13, LIV-1 subfamily of ZIP zinc transporter 9, LZT-Hs9
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001121697
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 190014617
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 91252
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ZIP13 Antibody: The zinc transporter ZIP13, also known as SLC39A13, is a member of a family of divalent ion transporters. Zinc is an essential ion for cells and plays significant roles in the growth, development, and differentiation. The zinc transporter family is divided into four subfamilies (I, II, LIV-1 and gufA). ZIP13 is a multipass membrane protein that belongs to the ZIP transporter subfamily LIV-1. Mutations in ZIP13 have recently been shown to cause a spondylocheiro dysplastic form of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (SCD-EDS), a generalized skeletal dysplasia involving mainly the spine with clinical abnormalities of the hands in addition to EDS-like features. Other experiments have shown that ZIP13 is required for proper connective tissue development and is involved in BMP/TGF- signaling pathways.
- 1: Dufner-Beattie J, Langmade SJ, Wang F, et al. Structure, function, and regulation of a subfamily of mouse zinc transporter genes. J. Biol. Chem.2003; 278:50142-50.
- 2: Eide DJ. The SLC39 family of metal ion transporters. Pflugers Arch.2004; 447:796-800.
- 3: Taylor KM and Nicohlson RI. The LZT proteins; the LIV-1 subfamily of zinc transporters. Biochim. Biophys. Acta.2003; 1611:16-30.
- 4: Giunta C, Elcioglu NH, Albrecht B, et al. Spondylocheiro dysplastic form of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome - an autosomal recessive entity caused by mutations in the zinc transporter SLC39A13. Am. J. Hum. Genet.2008; 82:1290-305.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6103
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin