- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (77%)
- IMMUNOGEN: ZIP12 antibody was raised against a 15 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human ZIP12.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of ZIP12.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ZIP12 antibody can be used for detection of ZIP12 by Western blot at 0.5 - 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least four isoforms of ZIP12 are known to exist. ZIP12 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other ZIP family members.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1306 - Human Spleen Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: ZIP12 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ZIP12 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ZIP12 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Slc39a12
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ZIP12 Antibody: ZIP-12, LZT-Hs8, bA570F3.1, ZIP12, Zinc transporter ZIP12, LIV-1 subfamily of ZIP zinc transporter 8
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001138667
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 223633939
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 221074
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ZIP12 Antibody: The zinc transporter ZIP12, also known as SLC39A12, is a member of a family of divalent ion transporters. Zinc is an essential ion for cells and plays significant roles in the growth, development, and differentiation. The zinc transporter family is divided into four subfamilies (I, II, LIV-1 and gufA). ZIP12 is a multipass membrane protein that belongs to the ZIP transporter subfamily LIV-1. Increased levels of ZIP12 have been observed during acute inflammation in the airway and asthma, suggesting that it may be promote increased zinc uptake, as this can reduce inflammation. The zinc content in brains in individuals with schizophrenia is lower than in individuals with other cerebral diseases, and mutations in ZIP12 have been observed in a small group of schizophrenic patients, suggesting that ZIP12 may play a role in this disease.
- 1: Dufner-Beattie J, Langmade SJ, Wang F, et al. Structure, function, and regulation of a subfamily of mouse zinc transporter genes. J. Biol. Chem.2003; 278:50142-50.
- 2: Eide DJ. The SLC39 family of metal ion transporters. Pflugers Arch.2004; 447:796-800.
- 3: Taylor KM and Nicohlson RI. The LZT proteins; the LIV-1 subfamily of zinc transporters. Biochim. Biophys. Acta.2003; 1611:16-30.
- 4: Lang C, Murgia C, Leong M, et al. Anti-inflammatory effects of zinc and alterations in zinc transporter mRNA in mouse models of allergic inflammation. Am. J. Physiol. Lung Cell. Mol. Physiol.2007; 292:L577-84.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6101
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin