- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: ZIP10 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide near the center of the human ZIP10.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 490 - 540 of ZIP10.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ZIP10 antibody can be used for detection of ZIP10 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunohistochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: This antibody will not cross-react with the zinc transporter ZIP11.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1306 - Human Spleen Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-901 - Human Spleen Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: ZIP10 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ZIP10 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ZIP10 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Slc39a10
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ZIP10 Antibody:
- Protein Accession Number: EAW70116
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 149046180
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 363229
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ZIP10 Antibody: ZIP10, also known as Slc39A10, is a widely expressed zinc transporter with nine transmembrane domains. Zinc is an essential ion for cells and plays significant roles in the growth, development, and differentiation. ZIP10 mRNA was found to be significantly decreased in the intestines and kidneys of hypothyroid rats and increased in those of hyperthyroid rats, indicating that ZIP10 is positively regulated by thyroid hormones. ZIP10 mRNA was also found to be upregulated in invasive and metastatic breast cancer and cell lines, suggesting that ZIP10 could serve as a possible marker for the metastatic phenotype and possibly a target for novel treatment strategies. At least three isoforms of ZIP10 are known to exist.
- 1: Kaler P and Prasad R. Molecular cloning and functional characterization of novel transporter rZip10 (Slc39a10) involved in zinc uptake across renal brush-border membrane. Am. J. Renal Physiol.2007; 292:F217-29.
- 2: Taylor KM and Nicohlson RI. The LZT proteins; the LIV-1 subfamily of zinc transporters. Biochim. Biophys. Acta.2003; 1611:16-30.
- 3: Pawan K, Neeraj S, Sandeep K, et al. Upregulation of Slc39a10 gene expression in response to thyroid hormones in intestine and kidney. Biochim. Biophys. Acta.2007; 1769:117-23.
- 4: Kagara N, Tanaka N, Noguchi S, et al. Zinc and its transporter ZIP10 are involved in invasive behavior of breast cancer cells. Cancer Sci.2007; 98:692-7.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4991
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin