- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (88%)
- IMMUNOGEN: ZIP1 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human ZIP1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 40 - 90 of ZIP1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ZIP1 antibody can be used for detection of ZIP1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least two isoforms of ZIP1 are known to exist; this antibody will detect both isoforms. ZIP1 antibody is predicted not to cross-react with other ZIP family proteins.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1405 - Mouse Kidney Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-401 - Human Kidney Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 13, 36 kDa
Observed: 38 kDa
- PURIFICATION: ZIP1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ZIP1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ZIP1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: SLC39A1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ZIP1 Antibody: ZIP1, ZIRTL, IRT1, ZIP1, CGI-08, CGI-71, Zinc transporter ZIP1, Solute carrier family 39 member 1, ZIP-1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_055252
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 21361423
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 27173
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ZIP1 Antibody: ZIP1, also known as ZIRTL (zinc-iron regulated transporter-like), is the first mammalian member of a family of divalent ion transporters. Zinc is an essential ion for cells and plays significant roles in the growth, development, and differentiation. ZIP1 expression is markedly downregulated in a number of cancerous tissues and is thought to function as a tumor suppressor gene in prostate cancer. More recent studies have shown that overexpression of ZIP1 and concomitant increased levels of intracellular zinc in PC-3 cells cause a significant inhibition of NF-κB, leading to down-regulation of the antiapoptotic protein Bcl-2, Bcl-XL, and the apoptosis inhibitor XIAP, reducing the malignant potential of prostate cancer cells in vitro and in vivo.
- 1: Lioumi M, Ferguson CA, Sharpe PT, et al. Isolation and characterization of human and mouse ZIRTL, a member of the IRT1 family of transporters, mapping within the epidermal differentiation complex. Genomics 1999; 62:272-80.
- 2: Eide DJ. The SLC39 family of metal ion transporters. Pflugers Arch. 2004; 447:796-800.
- 3: Taylor KM and Nicohlson RI. The LZT proteins; the LIV-1 subfamily of zinc transporters. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 2003; 1611:16-30.
- 4: Costello LC and Franklin RB. The clinical relevance of the metabolism of prostate cancer; zinc and tumor suppression: connecting the dots. Mol. Cancer. 2006; 5:17.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6081
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin