- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (94%)
- IMMUNOGEN: ZFX antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human ZFX.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of ZFX.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ZFX antibody can be used for detection of ZFX by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: ZFX antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. Multiple isoforms of ZFX are known to exist. ZFX antibody will detect isoform 1 and 2 of ZFX.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1224 - Daudi Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1223 - Caco-2 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 11-801 - Human Small Intestine Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 89, 63 kDa
Observed: 63 kDa
- PURIFICATION: ZFX Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ZFX Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ZFX antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ZFX
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ZFX Antibody: ZNF926, Zinc finger X-chromosomal protein
- Protein Accession Number: NP_003401
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 71061446
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7543
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ZFX Antibody: The X-linked zinc finger protein ZFX is a member of the Kruppel C2H2-type zinc-finger protein family. The full-length protein contains an acidic transcriptional activation domain (AD), a nuclear localization sequence (NLS) and a DNA binding domain (DBD) consisting of 13 C2H2-type zinc fingers. Studies in mouse embryonic and adult hematopoietic stem cells showed that this gene was required as a transcriptional regulator for self-renewal of both stem cell types, but it was dispensable for growth and differentiation of their progeny.
- 1: Schneider-Gadicke A, Beer-Romero P, Brown LG, et al. Putative transcription activator with alternative isoforms encoded by human ZFX gene. Nature 1989; 342:708-11.
- 2: Galan-Caridad JM, Harel S, Arenzana TL, et al. Zfx controls the self-renewal of embryonic and hematopoietic stem cells. Cell 2007; 129:345-57.
- 3: Arenzana TL, Smith-Raska MR, and Reizis B. Transcription factor Zfx controls BCR-induced proliferation and survival of B lymphocytes. Blood 2009; 113:5857-67
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6811
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin