- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: ZFP281 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human ZFP281.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 600 - 650 of ZFP281.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ZFP281 antibody can be used for detection of ZFP281 by Western blot at 0.5 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunofluorescence starting at 20 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1288 - A20 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-208 - A-20 Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: ZFP281 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ZFP281 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ZFP281 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ZNF281
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ZFP281 Antibody: ZBP-99, ZNP-99, GZP1, ZBP99, Zinc finger protein 281, GC-box-binding zinc finger protein 1
- Protein Accession Number: AAH51905
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 6912752
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 23528
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ZFP281 Antibody: ZFP281, also known as ZBP-99, is a member of a conserved family of transcription factors that interact with GC-rich promoters. It contains four Kruppel-like zinc fingers and is highly homologous to ZBP-89, another regulator of ornithine decarboxylase gene expression. ZFP281 also interacts with many other other transcription factors, such as Sp1 to repress vimentin gene transcription. ZFP281 has also been shown to control embryonic stem cell pluripotency by direct regulating specific target genes. ZFP281 phyically interacts with the transcription factos POU5F1, Sox2, and NANOG. Gene expression microarray anlysis indicated that some ZFP281 target genes were activated, while others were repressed upon knockdown of ZFP281 expression, showing that ZFP281 plays bifuctinal roles in regulating gene expression in stem cells.
- 1: Law DJ, Du M, Law GL, et al. ZBP-99 defines a conserved family of transcription factors and regulates ornithine decarboxylase gene expression. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 1999; 262:113-20.
- 2: Zhang X, Diab IH, and Zehner ZE. ZBP-89 represses vimentin gene transcription by interacting with the transcriptional activator, Sp1. Nuc. Acids Res. 2003; 31:2900-14.
- 3: Wang ZX, Teh CHL, Chan CMY, et al. The transcription factor Zfp281 controls embryonic stem cell pluripotency by direct activation and repression of target genes. Stem Cells 2008; 26:2791-9
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6233
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.