- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: ZFP219 antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human ZFP219.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 90 - 140 of ZFP219.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ZFP219 antibody can be used for detection of ZFP219 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least two isoforms of ZFP219 are known to exist; this antibody will recognize both.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1287 - EL4 Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 80 kDa
Observed: 78 kDa
- PURIFICATION: ZFP219 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ZFP219 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ZFP219 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ZNF219
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ZFP219 Antibody: ZFP219, Zinc finger protein 219
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001095142
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 156415996
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 51222
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ZFP219 Antibody: ZFP219 is a developmentally regulated member of the Kruppel-like zinc finger gene family that is thought to function as a transcriptional repressor. Yeast two-hybrid screening showed association with Sox9, a transcription factor that is essential for chondrogenesis. ZFP219 is specifically expressed in the developing limb buds and colocalizes with Sox9 in the nucleus. Knockdown of ZFP219 expression decreased Sox9-induced mRNA expression, and a dominant-negative mutant of ZFP219 inhibited Bmp2-induced chondrocyte differentiation, suggesting that ZFP219 plays an important role as a transcriptional partner of Sox9 in the regulation of chondrocyte differentiation.
- 1: Sakai T, Toyoda A, Hashimoto K, et al. Isolation and characterization of a novel zinc finger gene, ZNF219, and mapping to the human chromosome 14q11 region. DNA Res. 2000; 7:137-41.
- 2: Sakai T, Hino K, Wada S, et al. Identification of the DNA binding specificity of the human ZNF219 protein and its function as a transcriptional repressor. DNA Res. 2003; 10:155-65.
- 3: Takigawa Y, Hata K, Muramatsu S, et al. The transcription factor Znf219 regulates chondrocyte differentiation by assembling a transcription factory with Sox9. J. Cell Sci. 2010; 123:3780-8.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6231
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin