- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: ZBTB40 antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human ZBTB40.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 180 - 230 of ZBTB40.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ZBTB40 antibody can be used for detection of ZBTB40 by Western blot at 0.5 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunofluorescence starting at 20 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: ZBTB40 antibody is human specific. At least two isoforms of ZBTB40 are known to exist. This antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other ZBTB protein family members.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1207 - Raji Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-007 - Raji Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: ZBTB40 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ZBTB40 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ZBTB40 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ZBTB40
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ZBTB40 Antibody: ZNF923, KIAA0478, Zinc finger and BTB domain-containing protein 40
- Protein Accession Number: NP_055685
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 139394556
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9923
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ZBTB40 Antibody: The ZBTB family of proteins is comprised of diverse zinc finger proteins that also contain a BTB (BR-C, ttk and bab) domain. While little is known about ZBTB40, other ZBTB proteins, such as ZBTB4 bind methylated DNA and repress transcription. Single nucleotide polymorphisms near ZBTB40 have been linked to differences in bone mineral density of the hip and lumbar spine, and had a significant association with low-trauma fractures suggesting that ZBTB40 may be involved in bone development and formation.
- 1: Filion GJP, Zhenilo S, Salozhin S, et al. A family of zinc finger proteins that bind methylated DNA and repress transcription. Mol. Cell. Biol. 2006; 26:169-81.
- 2: Styrkarsdottir U, Halldorsson BV, Gretarsdottir S, et al. Multiple genetic loci for bone mineral density and fractures. New Eng. J. Med. 2008; 358:2355-65.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6905
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin