- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: YPEL4 antibody was raised against a 12 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human YPEL4.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of YPEL4.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: YPEL4 antibody can be used for detection of YPEL4 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1221 - SW480 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-207 - EL4 Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: YPEL4 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: YPEL4 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: YPEL4 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: YPEL4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: YPEL4 Antibody: Protein yippee-like 4
- Protein Accession Number: NP_659445
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 21450727
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 219539
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- YPEL4 Antibody: YPEL4 (yippee-like 4) belongs to a family of five yippee-like proteins, all of which localize to the centrosome or mitotic spindle and are widely expressed in both adult and fetal tissue. This localization plus the fact that the family of human YPEL proteins share a high degree of sequence homology across species suggests that these proteins may have a conserved function involved in cell division. YPEL4 is ubiquitously expressed in adult tissues and has been shown to associate with the major vault protein (MVP). It has been suggested that MVP can inhibit YPEL4's ability to activate Elk-1 in the MAPK signaling pathway.
- 1: Hosono K, Sasaki T, Minoshima S, et al. Identification and characterization of a novel gene family YPEL in a wide spectrum of eukaryotic species. Gene 2004; 340: 31-43
- 2: Liang P, Wan Y, Yan Y, et al. MVP interacts with YPEL4 and inhibits YPEL4-mediated activities of the ERK signal pathway. Biochem. Cell. Biol. 2010; 88:445-50.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6777
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin