- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: YPEL2 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human YPEL2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 30 - 80 of YPEL2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: YPEL2 antibody can be used for detection of YPEL2 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-001 - HeLa Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: YPEL2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: YPEL2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: YPEL2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: YPEL2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: YPEL2 Antibody: FKSG4, Protein yippee-like 2
- Protein Accession Number: EAW94407
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 53292625
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 388403
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- YPEL2 Antibody: YPEL2 (yippee-like 2) belongs to a family of five yippee-like proteins, all of which localize to the centrosome or mitotic spindle and are widely expressed in both adult and fetal tissue. This localization plus the fact that the family of human YPEL proteins share a high degree of sequence homology across species suggests that these proteins may have a conserved function involved in cell division. YPEL2 might be an important factor during the development and malignant transformation of tissues, most notably pancreatic and breast tumors.
- 1: Hosono K, Sasaki T, Minoshima S, et al. Identification and characterization of a novel gene family YPEL in a wide spectrum of eukaryotic species. Gene 2004; 340: 31-43.
- 2: Couch FJ, Wang X, Bamlet WR, et al. Association of mitotic regulation pathway polymorphisms with pancreatic cancer risk and outcome. Cancer Epidemiol. Biomarkers Prev. 2010; 19:251-7
- 3: Olson JE, Wang X, Pankratz VS, et al. Centrosome-related genes, genetic variation, and risk of breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res. Treat. 2011; 125:221-8.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6773
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin