- SPECIES: Yeast Kex-2
- SOURCE SPECIES: (BTI-Tn-5B1-4) High-5 Insect cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: APPMDSSLLP VKEAEDKLSI NDPLFERQWH LVNPSFPGSD INVLDLWYNN ITGAGVVAAI VDDGLDYENE DLKDNFCAEG SWDFNDNTNL PKPRLSDDYH GTRCAGEIAA KKGNNFCGVG VGYNAKISGI RILSGDITTE DEAASLIYGL DVNDIYSCSW GPADDGRHLQ GPSDLVKKAL VKGVTEGRDS KGAIYVFASG NGGTRGDNCN YDGYTNSIYS ITIGAIDHKD LHPPYSEGCS AVMAVTYSSG SGEYIHSSDI NGRCSNSHGG TSAAAPLAAG VYTLLLEANP NLTWRDVQYL SILSAVGLEK NADGDWRDSA MGKKYSHRYG FGKIDAHKLI EMSKTWENVN AQTWFYLPTL YVSQSTNSTE ETLESVITIS EKSLQDANFK RIEHVTVTVD IDTEIRGTTT VDLISPAGII SNLGVVRPRD VSSEGFKDWT FMSVAHWGEN GVGDWKIKVK TTENGHRIDF HSWRLKLFGE SIDSSKTETF VFGNDKEEVE PAATESTVSQ YSASSTSISI SATSTSSISI GVETSAIPQT TTASTDPDSD PNTP
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Recombinant Kex-2 from High-5 insect cells contains the same specific activity and recognition sequence specificity as yeast derived KEX-2. 1 milligram of recombinant KEX-2 contains activity equivalent to at least 40 units of yeast derived KEX-2. Cleaves at the carboxyl side of K/R-R.
- PURITY: Greater than 95% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized Yeast Kex-2 recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted Yeast Kex-2 is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing Yeast Kex-2 recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: KEX2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: QDS1, SRB1, VMA45, QDS1, YNL238W, N1122, Kexin, Protease KEX2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_014161.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 6324091
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 855483
- Proteases (also called Proteolytic Enzymes, Peptidases, or Proteinases) are enzymes that hydrolyze the amide bonds within proteins or peptides. Most proteases act in a specific manner, hydrolyzing bonds at or adjacent to specific residues or a specific sequence of residues contained within the substrate protein or peptide. Proteases play an important role in most diseases and biological processes including prenatal and postnatal development, reproduction, signal transduction, the immune response, various autoimmune and degenerative diseases, and cancer. They are also an important research tool, frequently used in the analysis and production of proteins. Kex-2 cleaves at the carboxyl end of the recognition sequences Arg-Arg/X and Lys-Arg/X. Recombinant Yeast Kex-2 is a 59.9 kDa protease consisting of 554 amino acid residues.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-539
- Size: 0.05 mg | 0.25mg
- List Price: $185.00 – $285.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.