- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Dog, Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Antibody produced in rabbits immunized with a synthetic peptide corresponding a region of human YAF2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: YAF2 antibody can be used for detection of YAF2 by ELISA at 1:62500. YAF2 antibody can be used for detection of YAF2 by western blot at 1.25 μg/mL, and HRP conjugated secondary antibody should be diluted 1:50,000 - 100,000.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1205 - Jurkat Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 20 kDa
- PURIFICATION: Antibody is purified by protein A chromatography method.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Purified antibody supplied in 1x PBS buffer with 0.09% (w/v) sodium azide and 2% sucrose.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: For short periods of storage (days) store at 4°C. For longer periods of storage, store YAF2 antibody at -20°C. As with any antibody avoid repeat freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: YAF2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: YAF2, MGC41856,
- Protein Accession Number: NP_005739
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 60218897
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 10138
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- YAF2 interacts with YY1, a zinc finger protein involved in negative regulation of muscle-restricted genes. YAF2 contains a single N-terminal C2-X10-C2 zinc finger, and in contrast to YY1, is up-regulated during myogenic differentiation. It also facilitates proteolytic cleavage of YY1 by the calcium- activated protease, m-calpain, suggesting a mechanism by which this protein antagonizes the negative effect of YY1.The protein encoded by this gene interacts with YY1, a zinc finger protein involved in negative regulation of muscle-restricted genes. This gene product itself contains a single N-terminal C2-X10-C2 zinc finger, and in contrast to YY1, is up-regulated during myogenic differentiation. It also facilitates proteolytic cleavage of YY1 by the calcium- activated protease, m-calpain, suggesting a mechanism by which this protein antagonizes the negative effect of YY1. Multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene, but the full-length nature of only two have been confirmed to date.
- 1: Madge, B., (2003) Cancer Lett. 193 (2), 171-176.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 27-352
- Size: 100 ul
- List Price: $430.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin