- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: aa 2 - 160
- FUSION TAG: Fusion Partner: N-terminal His-tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB and ELISA. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 25 kDa (Calculated)
- PURITY: ~95%
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: 1X PBS containing 0.1% SDS
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store in working aliquots at -70°C. Avoid freeze/thaw cycles. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: XBP1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: XBP-1 Antibody : XBP2, TREB5, XBP-1
- Protein Accession Number: BAB82982
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 18148382
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7494
- X box binding protein 1 (XBP-1) is a key protein in the mammalian unfolded protein response (UPR) that protects the cell against the stress of malfolded proteins in the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) (1). Upon sensing unfolded proteins, an ER transmembrane endonuclease and kinase termed IRE1p is activated and excises an intron from XBP-1 mRNA. The spliced XBP-1 mRNA results in a 371 amino acid protein (XBP-1s) which is then translocated to the nucleus where it binds to the regulatory elements of downstream genes. Together with other UPR transcription factors such as ATF6, XBP-1 stimulates the production of ER stress proteins including the ER resident protein chaperones glucose regulated protein (GRP) 78 and GRP94 (3,4).
- 1: Yoshida H, Matsui T, Yamamoto T, et al. XBP1 mRNA is induced by ATF6 and spliced by IRE1p in response to ER stress to produce a highly active transcription factor. Cell 2001; 107:881-91.
- 2: Calfon M, Zeng H, Urano F, et al. IRE1 couples endoplasmic reticulum load to secretory capacity by processing the XBP-1 mRNA. Nature 2002; 415:92-6.
- 3: Haze K, Yoshida H, Yanagi H, et al. Mammalian transcription factor ATF6 is synthesized as a transmembrane protein and activated by proteolysis in response to endoplasmic stress. Mol. Cell. Biol. 1999; 10:3787-99.
- 4: Little E, Ramakrishnan M, Roy B, et al. The glucose-regulated proteins (GRP78 and GRP94): functions, gene regulation, and applications. Crit. Rev. Eukaryot. Gene Expr. 1994; 4:1-18.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-109
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $255.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.