- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-XBP-1 antibody (3687) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 17 amino acids near the amino terminus of human XBP-1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 40 - 90 of XBP-1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 0.25-2 μg/mL; IF: 20 μg/mL; ICC: 10 μg/mL; IHC: 2-5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunofluorescence in human and rat samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human, mouse, and rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1211 - HepG2 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-011 - Hep G2 Cell Slide
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 1464 – Rat Liver Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 28/40kD
Observed: 28/40 kD
Recombinant Protein Test (Figure 3): Anti-XBP-1 antibodies (3687) detected human XBP-1 recombinant protein at different concentrations.
Regulated expression validation (Figure 12): XBP-1 expression detected by anit-XBP-1 antibodies was up-regulated by adenovirus encoding beta-gal but was down-regulated by adenovirus encoding human GRP78 in ob/ob mice.
- ISOFORMS: Human XBP-1 has two isoforms, including isoform 1 (261aa, 29kD) and isoform 2 (376aa, 40kD). Mouse XBP-1 also has two isoforms, including isoform 1 (267aa, 29.6kD) and isoform 2 (371aa, 40kD). And Rat XBP-1 has two isoforms as well, including isoform 1 (267aa, 30kD) and isoform 2 (371aa, 40kD). 3687 can detect human, mouse and rat.
- PURIFICATION: XBP-1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: XBP-1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: XBP-1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: XBP1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: XBP-1 Antibody: XBP2, TREB5, XBP-1, XBP2, X-box-binding protein 1, Tax-responsive element-binding protein 5
- Protein Accession Number: P17861
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 60416406
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7494
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- XBP-1 Antibody: X box binding protein 1 (XBP-1) is a key protein in the mammalian unfolded protein response (UPR) that protects the cell against the stress of malfolded proteins in the endoplasmic reticulum (ER). Upon sensing unfolded proteins, an ER transmembrane endonuclease and kinase termed IRE1p is activated and excises an intron from XBP-1 mRNA. The spliced XBP-1 mRNA results in a 371 amino acid protein (XBP-1s) which is then translocated to the nucleus where it binds to the regulatory elements of downstream genes. Together with other UPR transcription factors such as ATF6, XBP-1 stimulates the production of ER stress proteins including the ER resident protein chaperones glucose regulated protein (GRP) 78 and GRP94.
- 1: Yoshida et al. Cell 2001; 107:881-91.
- 2: Calfon et al. Nature 2002; 415:92-6.
- 3: Haze et al. Mol. Cell. Biol. 1999; 10:3787-99.
- 4: Little et al. Crit. Rev. Eukaryot. Gene Expr. 1994; 4:1-18.
- 1: Kammoun et al. GRP78 expression inhibits insulin and ER stress-induced SREBP-1c activation and reduces hepatic steatosis in mice. J Clin Invest. 2009;119(5):1201-15. PMID: PMID:19363290
- 2: Lerat et al. Hepatitis C virus proteins induce lipogenesis and defective triglyceride secretion in transgenic mice. J Biol Chem. 2009;284(48):33466-74. PMID: PMID: 19808675
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3687
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805