- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: This WWOX antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 369-396 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human WWOX.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 47 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: WWOX
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: WW domain-containing oxidoreductase, 111-, Fragile site FRA16D oxidoreductase, WWOX, FOR, WOX1
- Protein Accession Number: Q9NZC7
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 74725363
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 51741
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- WW domain-containing proteins are found in all eukaryotesand play an important role in the regulation of a wide variety ofcellular functions such as protein degradation, transcription, andRNA splicing. This gene encodes a protein which contains 2 WWdomains and a short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase domain (SRD). Thehighest normal expression of this gene is detected in hormonallyregulated tissues such as testis, ovary, and prostate. Thisexpression pattern and the presence of an SRD domain suggest a rolefor this gene in steroid metabolism. The encoded protein is morethan 90% identical to the mouse protein, which is an essentialmediator of tumor necrosis factor-alpha-induced apoptosis,suggesting a similar, important role in apoptosis for the humanprotein. In addition, there is evidence that this gene behaves as asuppressor of tumor growth. Alternative splicing of this genegenerates transcript variants that encode different isoforms.
- 1: Maeda, N., et al. Virchows Arch. 457(4):423-432(2010)
- 2: Baykara, O., et al. Tumour Biol. 31(4):315-320(2010)
- 3: Kurek, K.C., et al. Cancer Res. 70(13):5577-5586(2010)
- 4: Lin, J., et al. Zhonghua Gan Zang Bing Za Zhi 18(5):357-360(2010)
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 57-993
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin