- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Mouse: (82%)
- IMMUNOGEN: WSB1 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid peptide near the amino terminus of human WSB1.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 70 - 120 of WSB1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WSB1 antibody can be used for detection of WSB1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: WSB1 antibody is human specific.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1320 - Human Colon Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 46 kDa
Observed: 46 kDa
- PURIFICATION: WSB1 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: WSB1 antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: WSB1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: WSB1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: WD repeat and SOCS box containing 1, SOCS box-containing WD protein SWiP-1, SWIP1, WD repeat and SOCS box-containing protein 1, WSB-1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_056441
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 18677720
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 26118
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The WD repeat and SOCS box-containing 1 (WSB1, also known as SWIP1), is a member of the WD-protein subfamily (1). It contains six WD-repeats spanning most of the protein and an SOCS box in the C-terminus and expressed as multiple alternatively spliced isoforms (1,2). WSB1 is thought to function as part of an SCF-like ECS (Elongin-Cullin-SOCS-box protein) E3 ubiquitin ligase complex that mediates the ubiquitination and proteasomal degradation of target proteins, such as DIO2 (3). Overexpression of WSB1 is implicated in pancreatic cancer progression, suggesting a role for WSB1 in carcinogenesis (4,5).
- 1: Vasiliauskas D, Hancock S, Stern CD. SWiP-1: novel SOCS box containing WD-protein regulated by signalling centres and by Shh during development. Mech. Dev. 1999; 82:79-94.
- 2: Nara H, Onoda T, Rahman M, et al. WSB-1, a novel IL-21 receptor binding molecule, enhances the maturation of IL-21 receptor. Cell Immunol. 2011; 269:54-9.
- 3: Lv W, Zhang Y, Wu Z, et al. Identification of WSB1 gene as an important regulator in the development of zebrafish embryo during midblastula transition. Acta Biochim. Biophys. Sin (Shanghai) 2008; 40:478-88.
- 4: Archange C, Nowak J, Garcia S, et al. The WSB1 gene is involved in pancreatic cancer progression. PLoS One 2008; 3:e2475.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8161
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin