- SPECIES: Chicken, Human, Mouse, Rat
- SOURCE SPECIES: Cell Culture
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: SYPIWWSLAV GPQYSSLSTQ PILCASIPGL VPKQLRFCRN YVEIMPSVAE GVKAGIQECQ HQFRGRRWNC TTVSNSLAIF GPVLDKATRE SAFVHAIASA GVAFAVTRSC AEGSAAICGC SSRLQGSPGE GWKWGGCSED IEFGGMVSRE FADARENRPD ARSAMNRHNN EAGRQAIASH MHLKCKCHGL SGSCEVKTCW WSQPDFRTIG DFLKDKYDSA SEMVVEKHRE SRGWVETLRP RYTYFKVPTE RDLVYYEASP NFCEPNPETG SFGTRDRTCN VSSHGIDGCD LLCCGRGHNA RTERRREKCH CVFHWCCYVS CQECTRVYDV HTCK
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Determined by its ability to induced alkaline phosphatase production by CCL-226 cells. The expected ED50 for this effect is 0.4-0.6 ng/ml.
- PURITY: ≥ 75% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted protein is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing the recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Wnt3a
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Wingless-type MMTV (mouse mammary tumor virus) integration site family member 3a
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 22416
- Wnt-3a belongs to the Wnt family of signaling proteins that play a key role in maintaining the integrity of embryonic and adult tissues. Expression of Wnt-3a occurs primarily along the dorsal midline across overlapping regions of the Central Nervous System (CNS). Wnt-3a signaling is essential for various morphogenetic events, including embryonic patterning, cell determination, cell proliferation, CNS development, and cytoskeletal formation. Like other members of this family, Wnt-3a contains a highly conserved lipid-modified, cysteine-rich domain that is essential for cell signaling. During a biochemical process called the canonical Wnt pathway, Wnt family members bind to and activate, seven-pass transmembrane receptors of the Frizzled family, ultimately leading to the disruption of β-catenin degradation. Intracellular accumulation of β-catenin increases translocation of the protein into the nucleus, where it binds to TCF/LEF transcription factors to promote gene expression. Lack of Wnt signaling disrupts transcriptional activation of tumor suppressor genes, and has been shown to result in neoplastic transformation, oncogenesis, and human degenerative diseases. Recombinant Murine Wnt-3a is a monomeric glycoprotein containing 334 amino acid residues. Due to glycosylation, the Murine Wnt-3a migrates at an apparent molecular weight of approximately 38.0-41.0 kDa by SDS-PAGE analysis under non-reducing conditions.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-700
- Size: 2 ug
- List Price: $185.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
New & Featured Products
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-201
CATALOG NUMBER: 95-200
CATALOG NUMBER: 9805