- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: WIZ antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human TFF3.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of WIZ.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WIZ antibody can be used for detection of WIZ by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least four isoforms of WIZ are known to exist; this antibody will detect all four.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1462 - Rat Lung Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PURIFICATION: WIZ Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: WIZ Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: WIZ antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: WIZ
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: WIZ Antibody: ZNF803, ZNF803, Protein Wiz, Widely-interspaced zinc finger-containing protein
- Protein Accession Number: AAI44333
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 151301215
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 58525
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- WIZ Antibody: WIZ, also known as ZNF803, was initially identified in a mouse cerebellum cDNA library screen and its message was found to be expressed in the granule cell layers of the cerebellum as well as in the dentate gyrus and olfactory bulb. Later analysis indicates however that WIZ is ubiquitously expressed. WIZ is a nuclear protein that co-localizes with G9a, a histone methyltransferase responsible for mono- and dimethylation of H3K9 at euchromatic regions. WIZ can also associate with CtBP family proteins, known to be transcriptional co-repressors, and has been suggested to link G9a/GLP complexes to the CtBP co-repressor machinery, possibly regulating complex stability and gene silencing.
- 1: Matsumoto K, Ishii N, Yoshida S, et al. Molecular cloning and distinct developmental expression pattern of spliced forms of a novel zinc finger gene wiz in the mouse cerebellum. Brain Res. Mol. Brain Res.1998; 61:179-89.
- 2: Ueda J, Tachibana M, Ikura T, et al. Zinc finger protein Wiz links G9a/GLP histone methyltransferases to the co-repressor molecule CtBP. J. Biol. Chem.2006; 281:20120-8.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6117
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin