- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: Rabbit polyclonal antibodies were raised against peptides corresponding to amino acid sequences from each of the corresponding proteins.
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA
- SET CONTENTS: WNV Matrix Antibody (IN), Catalog No. 3429 (50 μg)
WNV Matrix Antibody (CT), Catalog No. 3431 (50 μg)
WNV Core Antibody (CT), Catalog No. 3435 (50 μg)
WNV Envelope Antibody (CT), Catalog No. 3441 (50 μg)
WNV Matrix Peptide (IN), Catalog No. 3429P
WNV Matrix Peptide (CT), Catalog No. 3431P
WNV Core Peptide (CT), Catalog No. 3435P
WNV Envelope Peptide (CT), Catalog No. 3441P
- PURIFICATION: Antibodies are supplied as affinity chromatography purified IgG.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: Antibody 1 mg/mL
Peptide 200 μg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Stable at 4°C for three months, store at -20°C for up to one year.
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- West Nile Virus (WNV) is a member of the Flaviviridae, a plus-stranded virus family that includes St. Louis encephalitis virus, yellow fever virus, and Dengue virus. WNV was initially isolated in 1937 in the West Nile region of Uganda and has become prevalent in Africa, Asia, and Europe. It has rapidly spread across the United States with cases being observed in every continental state. Virus particles consist of a dense core made up of the core/capsid protein encapsulating the RNA genome surrounded by a membrane envelope embedded with envelope and matrix proteins. However, when the viruses are inside of infected cells, the matrix protein exists in its "pre-M" form as a heterodimer with the envelope proteins. Cleavage of the "pre-M” protein to its mature form occurs during release of the virus; this cleavage leads to the dissociation of the heterodimers. The viral core protein is thought to contribute to the WNV-associated inflammation via apoptosis induced though the caspase-9 pathway as delivery of core gene delivery into the striatum of mouse brain and skeletal muscle resulted in cell death and inflammation. The highly glycosylated envelope protein was shown to play a major role for WNV entry into target cells as WNV entry was inhibited by using a recombinant domain III from the envelope glycoprotein. The WNV receptor has recently been identified as alpha v beta 3 integrin.
For images please see PDF data sheet
- 1: Gould LH and Fikrig E. West Nile virus: a growing concern J. Clin. Invest. 2004; 113:1102-7.
- 2: Wengler G and Wengler G. Cell-associated West Nile flavivirus is covered with E+pre-M protein heterodimers which are destroyed and reorganized by proteolytic cleavage during virus release. J. Virol. 1989; 2521-6.
- 3: Yang JS, Ramanathan MP, Muthumani K, et al. Induction of inflammation by West Nile Virus capsid through the caspase-9 apoptotic pathway. Emerg. Infect. Dis. 2002; 8:1379-84.
- 4: Wengler G and Wengler G. Cell-associated West Nile flavivirus is covered with E+pre-M protein heterodimers which are destroyed and reorganized by proteolytic cleavage during virus release. J. Virol. 1989; 2521-6.
- Catalog Number 3429: West Nile Virus Matrix Antibody
- Catalog Number 3431: West Nile Virus Matrix Antibody
- Catalog Number 3435: West Nile Virus Core Antibody
- Catalog Number 3441: West Nile Virus Envelope Antibody
- Catalog Number 3429P: West Nile Virus Matrix Peptide
- Catalog Number 3431P: West Nile Virus Matrix Peptide
- Catalog Number 3435P: West Nile Virus Core Peptide
- Catalog Number 3441P: West Nile Virus Envelope Peptide
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: PSI-1809
- Size: 1 Set
- List Price: $640.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.