- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Virus
- IMMUNOGEN: West Nile Virus Core antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide corresponding to 15 amino acids near the carboxy terminus of the West Nile Virus core protein.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 80 - 130 of West Nile Virus Core.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: West Nile virus Core antibody can be used for the detection of the WNV Core protein in ELISA. It will detect 10 ng of free peptide at 1 μg/mL. This antibody will also detect the protein in immunoblot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunocytochemistry starting at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunocytochemistry in monkey samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 17-008 - THP-1 Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: West Nile Virus Core Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: West Nile Virus Core Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: West Nile Virus Core antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: WNVgp1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: West Nile Virus Core Antibody: Genome polyprotein, Core protein, NS1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_776011
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 27735299
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 912267
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- West Nile Virus Core Antibody: West Nile Virus (WNV) is a member of the Flaviviridae, a plus-stranded virus family that includes St. Louis encephalitis virus, yellow fever virus, and Dengue virus. WNV was initially isolated in 1937 in the West Nile region of Uganda and has become prevalent in Africa, Asia, and Europe. It has rapidly spread across the United States with cases being observed in every continental state. Virus particles consist of a dense core made up of the core/capsid protein encapsulating the RNA genome surrounded by a membrane envelope embedded with envelope and matrix proteins which play a major role for WNV entry into target cells. The viral core protein is thought to contribute to the WNV-associated inflammation via apoptosis induced though the caspase-9 pathway as delivery of core gene delivery into the striatum of mouse brain and skeletal muscle resulted in cell death and inflammation.
- 1: Gould LH and Fikrig E. West Nile virus: a growing concern. J. Clin. Invest. 2004; 113:1102-7.
- 2: Chu JJ, Rajamanonmani R, Li J, et al. Inhibition of West Nile virus entry by using a recombinant domain III from the envelope glycoprotein. J. Gen. Virol. 2005; 86:405-12.
- 3: Chu JJ and Ng ML. Interaction of West Nile virus with α v β 3 integrin mediates virus entry into cells. J. Biol. Chem. 2004; 279:54533-41.
- 4: Yang JS, Ramanathan MP, Muthumani K, et al. Induction of inflammation by West Nile Virus capsid through the caspase-9 apoptotic pathway. Emerg. Infect. Dis. 2002; 8:1379-84.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3435
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin