- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: VTI1b antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid peptide near the center of human VTI1b.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 150 - 200 of VTI1b.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: VTI1b antibody can be used for detection of VTI1b by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunohistochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: VTI1b antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. At least three isoforms of VTI1a are known to exist; this antibody will detect all three isoforms. VTI1b antibody is predicted to not cross-react with VTI1a.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 14, 19, 26 kDa
Observed: 27 kDa
- PURIFICATION: VTI1b antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: VTI1b antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: VTI1b antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: VTI1b
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Vesicle transport through interaction with t-SNAREs 1B, VTI1, VTI1-LIKE, VTI1L, VTI2, v-SNARE, vti1-rp1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_006361
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 5454166
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 10490
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Vesicle transport through interaction with t-SNAREs homolog 1 (VTI1a and VTI1b) are involved in vesicular transport from the late endosomes to the trans-Golgi network (1). They are both localized in the trans-Golgi network, with VTI1a also found in the Golgi apparatus and VTI1b in endosomes (2,3). It is thought that VTI1b along with the SNARE protein VAMP8 mediates the fusion of antimicrobial and canonical autophagosomes with lysosomes, an essential process for autophagy (4).
- 1: Fischer VM and Stevens TH. A human homolog can functionally replace the yeast vesicle-associated SNARE Vti1p in two vesicle transport pathways. J. Biol. Chem. 1998; 273:2624-30.
- 2: Kreykenbohm V, Wenzel D, Antonin W et al. The SNAREs vti1a and vti1b have distinct localization and SNARE complex partners. Eur. J. Cell Biol. 2002; 81:273-80.
- 3: Antonin W, Riedel D, von Mollard GF, et al. The SNARE Vti1a-beta is localized to small synaptic vesicles and participates in a novel SNARE complex. J. Neurosci. 2000; 20:5724-32.
- 4: Furuta N, Fujita N, Noda T, et al. Combinational soluble N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor attachment protein receptor proteins VAMP8 and Vti1b mediate fusion of antimicrobial and canonical autophagosomes with lysosomes. Mol. Biol. Cell. 2010; 21:1001-10.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8289
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin