- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: VTI1a antibody was raised against a 19 amino acid peptide near the center of human VTI1a.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 50 - 100 of VTI1a.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: VTI1a antibody can be used for detection of VTI1a by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunohistochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: VTI1a antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. At least two isoforms of VTI1a are known to exist; this antibody will detect both isoforms. VTI1a antibody is predicted to not cross-react with VTI1b.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 24, 27 kDa
Observed: 26 kDa
- PURIFICATION: VTI1a antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: VTI1a antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: VTI1a antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: VTI1a
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Vesicle transport through interaction with t-SNAREs 1A, MMDS3, MVti1, VTI1RP2, Vti1-rp2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_660207
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 113374156
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 143187
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Vesicle transport through interaction with t-SNAREs homolog 1 (VTI1a and VTI1b) are involved in vesicular transport from the late endosomes to the trans-Golgi network (1). They are both localized in the trans-Golgi network, with VTI1a also found in the Golgi apparatus and VTI1b in endosomes (2,3). VTI1a mediates vesicle transport pathways through interactions with t-SNAREs on the target membrane and promotes fusion of the lipid bilayers (4). VTI1a may be concerned with increased secretion of cytokines associated with cellular senescence (5).
- 1: Fischer VM and Stevens TH. A human homolog can functionally replace the yeast vesicle-associated SNARE Vti1p in two vesicle transport pathways. J. Biol. Chem. 1998; 273:2624-30.
- 2: Kreykenbohm V, Wenzel D, Antonin W et al. The SNAREs vti1a and vti1b have distinct localization and SNARE complex partners. Eur. J. Cell Biol. 2002; 81:273-80.
- 3: Antonin W, Riedel D, von Mollard GF, et al. The SNARE Vti1a-beta is localized to small synaptic vesicles and participates in a novel SNARE complex. J. Neurosci. 2000; 20:5724-32.
- 4: Atlashkin V, Kreykenbohm V, Eskelinen EL, et al. Deletion of the SNARE vti1b in mice results in the loss of a single SNARE partner, syntaxin 8. Mol. Cell Biol. 2003; 23:5198-207.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8287
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin