- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Chicken: (78%)
- IMMUNOGEN: VPS53 antibody was raised against a 18 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the center of human VPS53.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 390 - 440 of VPS53.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: VPS53 antibody can be used for detection of VPS53 by Western blot at 0.5 - 1 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1210 - HEK293 Cell Lysate
- PURIFICATION: VPS53 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: VPS53 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: VPS53 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: VPS53
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: VPS53 Antibody: HCCS1, hVps53L, pp13624, Vacuolar protein sorting-associated protein 53 homolog
- Protein Accession Number: EAW90658
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 119611064
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 55275
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- VPS53 Antibody: The sorting of acid hydrolases to lysosomes rely on mannose 6-phosphate receptors that cycle between the trans-Golgi network (TGN) and endosomes. The maintenance of this cycle requires the function of the mammalian Golgi-associated retrograde protein (GARP) complex which is composed of three subunits: VPS52, VPS53, and VPS54. Depletion of any of these three proteins, such as by RNAi, impairs the retrograde transport of multiple TGN proteins. VPS53 was identified as an HIV dependency factor (HDF) and plays a role in viral entry to the cell, suggesting that VPS53 may be an important drug target in HIV treatment. At least five isoforms of VPS53 are known to exist.
- 1: Pfeffer SR. Targeting of proteins to the lysosome. Curr. Top. Microbiol. Immunol.1991; 170:43-65.
- 2: Liewen H, Meinhold-Heerlein I, Oliveira V, et al. Characterization of the human GARP (Golgi associated retrograde protein) complex. Exp. Cell Res.2005; 306:22-34.
- 3: Perez-Victoria FJ, Mardones GA, and Bonifacino JS. Requirement of the human GARP complex for mannose 6-phosphate-receptor-dependent sorting of cathepsin D to lysosomes. Mol. Biol. Cell2008; 19:2350-62.
- 4: Brass AL, Dykxhoorn DM, Benita Y, et al. Identification of host proteins required for HIV infection through a functional genomic screen. Science2008; 319:921-6.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4595
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.