- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: VPS39 antibody was raised against a 18 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human VPS39.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 710 - 760 of VPS39.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: VPS39 antibody can be used for detection of VPS39 by Western blot at 0.5 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in human and mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least four isoforms of VPS39 are known to exist; this antibody will detect all four. VPS39 antibody is predicted not to cross-react with TRAP1.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1464 - Rat Liver Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: VPS39 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: VPS39 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: VPS39 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: VPS39
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: VPS39 Antibody: TLP, VAM6, hVam6p, KIAA0770, TLP, TRAP1-like protein
- Protein Accession Number: AAQ05978
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 54234024
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 23339
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- VPS39 Antibody: VPS39 is the mammalian homolog of the yeast vacuolar protein VAM6, that in mammals, promotes lysosome clustering and fusion in vivo. VPS39 is also thought to modulate the TGF-beta response by coupling the TGF-beta receptor complex to the Smad pathway. Similar to the related protein TRAP1, the VPS39 protein is essential for early embryonic development, with mice lacking VPS39 dying at or before E6.5.
- 1: Nakamura N, Hirata A, Ohsumi Y, et al. Vam2/Vps41p and Vam6/Vps39p are components of a protein complex on the vacuolar membranes and involved in the vacuolar assembly in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. J. Biol. Chem. 1997; 272:11344-9.
- 2: Caplan S, Hartnell LM, Aguilar RC, et al. Human Vam6p promotes lysosome clustering and fusion in vivo. J. Cell Biol. 2001; 154:109-22.
- 3: Felici A, Wurthner JU, Parks WT, et al. TLP, a novel modulator of TGF-beta signaling, has opposite effects on Smad2- and Smad3-dependent signaling. EMBO J. 2003; 22:4465-77.
- 4: Messler S, Kropp S, Episkopou V, et al. The TGF-b signaling modulators TRAP1/TGFBRAP1 and VPS39/Vam6/TLP are essential for early embryonic development. Immunobiology 2011; 216:343-50.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6183
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin