- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Pig: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-Vinculin antibody (7809) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 23 amino acids near the center of human Vinculin. <
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, ICC, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 0.5-2 μg/mL; ICC: 5 μg/mL; IF: 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human, mouse and rat samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples; Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: Vinculin antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive. At least three isoforms of Vinculin are known to exist.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1202 - A431 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 1282 - 3T3/NIH Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 124kD
Independent Antibody Validation in Cell lines (Figure 2) shows similar Vinculin expression profile in human, mouse and rat cell lines detected by three independent anti-Vinculin antibodies that recognize different epitopes, 7489 against C-terminus domain, 7807 against N-terminus domain and 7809 against central domain. Vinculin proteins are detected in the most tested cell lines at different expression levels by the three independent antibodies.
- ISOFORMS: Human Vinculin has 3 isoforms, including isoform 2 (1134aa, 124kD), isoform 1 (1066aa, 117kD) and isoform 3 (222aa, 25kD). Mouse Vinculin has one isoform (1066aa, 117kD) and Rat Vinculin also has one isoform (1066aa, 117kD). 7809 can detect human, mouse and rat.
- PURIFICATION: Vinculin antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Vinculin antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Vinculin antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: VCL
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Vinculin Antibody: MV, MVCL, CMD1W, CMH15, HEL114, Vinculin, Metavinculin, MV
- Protein Accession Number: NP_003364
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4507877
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7414
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Vinculin is a cytoskeletal protein that plays an important role in the regulation of focal adhesions and embryonic development (1). Three structural vinculin domains include an amino-terminal head, a short flexible proline-rich region and a carboxy-terminal tail (2). Expression of vinculin were shown to be affected by the level of actin expression (2,3). Vinculin deficiencies are associated with a decrease in cell adhesion and an increase in cell motility, suggesting a possible role in metastatic growth (4). Defects in VCL are the cause of cardiomyopathy dilated type 1W (CMD1W) (5).
- 1: Burridge et al. Annu. Rev. Cell Biol.1988; 4:487-525.
- 2: Gilmore et al. J. Cell Sci. 1992; 103:719-31.
- 3: Deakin et al. PLoS One 2012; 7:e37990.
- 4: Goldmann et al. Cell Biol. Int. 2013; Feb 1.
- 1: Wang et al. AMPK is involved in the differential neonatal performance of chicks hatching at different time. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2016;228:53-59. PMID: 26873631
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7809
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.