- HOST SPECIES: Mouse
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Bovine, Cat, Chicken, Dog, Goat, Human, Pig
- IMMUNOGEN: Human recombinant protein was used as the immunogen for this VIM antibody.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: Flow, IF, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Flow Cytometry: 0.5-1 ug/million cells in 0.1ml
Immunofluorescence: 1-2 ug/ml
Western blot: 0.25-0.5 ug/ml
Immunohistochemistry (FFPE): 0.25-0.5 ug/ml for 30 min at RT (1)
Prediluted format: incubate for 30 min at RT (2)
The optimal dilution of the VIM antibody for each application should be determined by the researcher.
1. Staining of formalin-fixed tissues requires boiling tissue sections in 10mM citrate buffer, pH 6.0, for 10-20 min followed by cooling at RT for 20 minutes.
2. The prediluted format is supplied in a dropper bottle and is optimized for use in IHC. After epitope retrieval step (if required), drip mAb solution onto the tissue section and incubate at RT for 30 min.
- SPECIFICITY: Does not react with mouse and rat
- PURIFICATION: Protein G affinity chromatography
- CLONALITY: Monoclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG1
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: PBS with 0.1 mg/ml BSA and 0.05% sodium azide
- CONCENTRATION: 0.2 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Aliquot and Store at 2-8°C. Avoid freez-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: VIM
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Vimentin, VIM
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7431
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher
- This mAb reacts with a 58kDa protein identified as vimentin. It shows no cross-reaction with other closely related intermediate filament proteins (IFPs) such as desmin, keratin, neurofilament, and glial fibrillary acid protein. Anti-vimentin alone is of limited value as a diagnostic tool; however, when used in panels with other antibodies, it is useful for the sub-classification of a given tumor. Expression of vimentin, when used in conjunction with anti-keratin, is helpful when distinguishing melanomas from undifferentiated carcinomas and large cell lymphomas. All melanomas and Schwannomas react strongly with anti-vimentin. It labels a variety of mesenchymal cells, including melanocytes, lymphocytes, endothelial cells, and fibroblasts. Non-reactivity of anti-vimentin is often considered more useful than its positive reactivity, since there are a few tumors that do not contain vimentin, e.g. hepatoma and seminoma. Anti-vimentin is also useful as a tissue process control reagent.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 34-182
- Size: 100 ug
- List Price: $555.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.