- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This VEGFB (VEGF2) antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 110-139 amino acids from the Central region of human VEGFB (VEGF2).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
For IHC-P starting dilution is: 1:10~50
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 22 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: VEGFB
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Vascular endothelial growth factor B, VEGF-B, VEGF-related factor, VRF, VEGFB, VRF
- Protein Accession Number: P49765
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 17380554
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7423
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Vascular endothelial growth factors (VEGFs) are a family of closely related growth factors having a conserved pattern of eight cysteine residues and sharing common VEGF receptors. VEGFs stimulate endothelial cells, induce angiogenesis, promote cell migration, increase vascular permeability, and inhibit apoptosis. VEGFB has structural similarities to VEGF and PIGF and is frequently co-expressed with VEGF. There are two alternatively spliced isoforms of VEGFB: VEGFB 167 and VEGFB 186. VEGFB 167, a highly basic heparin-binding protein, remains with the cell or extracellular matrix whereas, VEGFB 186 is readily secreted. VEGFB stimulates endothelial cell proliferation. VEGFB binds to the tyrosine kinase receptor VEGFR1 (flt1) and does not bind to VEGFR2. Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor B is widely expressed but is most abundant in heart, skeletal muscle, and pancreas. It has been suggested that VEGFB expression in human primary breast cancers is associated with lymph node metastasis. The genes that encode VEGFB have been mapped to chromosome 11q13.
- 1: Trompezinski, S., et al., Exp. Dermatol. 13(2):98-105 (2004).
- 2: Qi, J.H., et al., Nat. Med. 9(4):407-415 (2003).
- 3: Joukov, V., et al., J. Cell. Physiol. 173(2):211-215 (1997).
- 4: Olofsson, B., et al., J. Biol. Chem. 271(32):19310-19317 (1996).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 62-228
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.