- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Ala 27 - Arg 147
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for E, WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 15 kDa
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Measured by its binding ability in a functional ELISA. Immobilized VEGFR1/R2-Fc at 1 ug/mL can bind Human VEGF121, His Tag with a linear range of 0.2-6.2 ng/mL.
- PURITY: >95% as determined by reduced SDS-PAGE.
Less than 1.0 EU per ug by the LAL method.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: VEGF121
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: RP1-261G23.1,MGC70609,MVCD1,VEGFA,VPF
- Protein Accession Number: P15692-9
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7422
- Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), also known as vascular permeability factor (VPF) and VEGF-A, and is a member of the platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF)/vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) family and encodes a protein that is often found as a disulfide linked homodimer. This protein is a glycosylated mitogen that specifically acts on endothelial cells and has various effects, including mediating increased vascular permeability, inducing angiogenesis, vasculogenesis and endothelial cell growth, promoting cell migration, and inhibiting apoptosis. Alternatively spliced transcript variants, encoding either freely secreted or cell-associated isoforms, have been characterized. Alternatively spliced isoforms of 121,145,165,183,189 and 206 amino acids in length are expressed in humans. VEGF165 appears to be the most abundant and potent isoform, followed by VEGF121 and VEGF189. VEGF121 is the only form that lacks a basic heparinbinding region and is freely diffusible. Mouse embryos expressing only the corresponding isoform (VEGF120) do not survive to term, and show defects in skeletogenesis. Human VEGF121 shares 87% aa sequence identity with corresponding regions of mouse and rat, 93% with feline, equine and bovine, and 91%, 95% and 96% with ovine, canine and porcine VEGF, respectively. VEGF121 induces the proliferation of lymphatic endothelial cells. The lymphangiogenesis may be promoted by upregulation of VEGF121, which may in turn act in part via induction of VEGF-C.
- 1: Byrne, A.M. et al., 2005, J. Cell. Mol. Med, 9(4):777-94.
- 2: Robinson, C.J. et al., 2001, J. Cell. Sci. 114(Pt 5):853-65.
- 3: Zelzer, E. et al., 2002, Development, 129(8):1893-904.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-962
- Size: 0.05 mg
- List Price: $525.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.