- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: E. coli
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: APMAEGGGQN HHEVVKFMDV YQRSYCHPIE TLVDIFQEYP DEIEYIFKPS CVPLMRCGGC CNDEGLECVP TEESNITMQI MRIKPHQGQH IGEMSFLQHN KCECRPKKDR ARQENCDKPR R
- BIOLOGICAL ACTIVITY: Biological activity was determined by the dose - dependent stimulation of the proliferation of human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVEC) using a concentration range of 0.2 - 0.4 ng/mL.
- PURITY: Greater than 98% by SDS-PAGE gel and HPLC analyses.
Endotoxin level is less than 0.1 ng per μg (1EU/μg).
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: The lyophilized VEGF121 recombinant protein is stable for at least 2 years from date of receipt at -20°C. Reconstituted VEGF121 is stable for at least 3 months when stored in working aliquots with a carrier protein at -20°C. As with any protein, exposing VEGF121 recombinant protein to repeated freeze / thaw cycles is not recommended. When working with proteins care should be taken to keep recombinant protein at a cool and stable temperature.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: VEGFA
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: VPF, VEGF, MVCD1, Vascular endothelial growth factor A, Vascular permeability factor, VEGF-A
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001028928.1
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 76781487
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7422
- VEGF is a potent growth and angiogenic cytokine. It stimulates proliferation and survival of endothelial cells, and promotes angiogenesis and vascular permeability. Expressed in vascularized tissues, VEGF plays a prominent role in normal and pathological angiogenesis. VEGF signals through three receptors; fms-like tyrosine kinase (flt-1), KDR gene product (the murine homolog of KDR is the flk-1 gene product) and the flt4 gene product. Due to its increased acidity, VEGF121 circulates more freely than other VEGF forms, which bind more tightly with vascular heparin sulfates. Recombinant human VEGF121 is a 28.4 kDa disulfide-linked homodimeric protein consisting of two 121 amino acid polypeptide chains.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 40-163
- Size: 0.002 mg | 0.01 mg
- List Price: $189.00 – $289.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.