- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: Pro 22 - Ala 207
- FUSION TAG: His Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This recombinant protein can be used for WB. For research use only.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 20.2 kDa
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: PBS, pH7.4
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: VEGFA
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: VRF, VEGFL, VEGFB, VEGF-B
- Protein Accession Number: P49765-1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7422
- Vascular endothelial growth factor B (VEGFB) is also known as VEGF-related factor (VRF), is a secreted O-glycosylated protein, which belongs to the PDGF/VEGF growth factor family. VEGFB is expressed in all tissues except liver. Highest levels found in heart, skeletal muscle and pancreas. VEGFB is growth factor for endothelial cells. VEGF-B seems to play a role only in the maintenance of newly formed blood vessels during pathological conditions. VEGF-B also plays an important role on several types of neurons. It is important for the protection of neurons in the retina and the cerebral cortex during stroke and of motoneurons during motor neuron diseases such as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.VEGF-B167 binds heparin and neuropilin-1 whereas the binding to neuropilin-1 of VEGF-B186 is regulated by proteolysis.
- 1: Olofsson B., et al., 1996, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 93:2576-2581.
- 2: Iyer S., et al., 2006, J. Mol. Biol. 359:76-85.
- 3: Zhang F., et al., 2009, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 106 (15): 6152–7.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 96-775
Product Discontinued. Please contact us for alternate product(s).
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin