- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: UPK1B antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide near the center of human UPK1B.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 110 - 160 of UPK1B.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: UPK1B antibody can be used for detection of UPK1B by Western blot at 0.5 - 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: At least two isoforms of UPK1B are known to exist; this antibody will recognize both isoforms. UPK1B antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other tetraspanin protein family members.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1305 - Human Kidney Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 29 kDa
Observed: 30 kDa
- PURIFICATION: UPK1B Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: UPK1B Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: UPK1B antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: UPK1B
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: UPK1B Antibody: UPIB, UPK1, TSPAN20, Uroplakin-1b, Tetraspanin-20, UP1b
- Protein Accession Number: NP_008883
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 49619237
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7348
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- UPK1B Antibody: Uroplakin-1B (UPK1B) is a member of the transmembrane 4 superfamily, also known as the tetraspanin family. Most of these members are cell-surface proteins that are characterized by the presence of four hydrophobic domains. The proteins mediate signal transduction events that play a role in the regulation of cell development, activation, growth and motility. UPK1B is found in the asymmetrical unit membrane (AUM) where it can form a complex with other transmembrane 4 superfamily proteins and may play a role in normal bladder epithelial physiology, possibly in regulating membrane permeability of superficial umbrella cells or in stabilizing the apical membrane through AUM/cytoskeletal interactions.
- 1: Yu J, Lin JH, Wu XR, et al. Uroplakins Ia and Ib, two major differentiation products of bladder epithelium, belong to a family of four transmembrane domain (4TM) proteins. J. Cell Biol. 1994; 125:171-82.
- 2: Wu XR, Kong XP, Pellicer A, et al. Uroplakins in urothelial biology, function, and disease. Kidney Int. 2009; 75:1153-65
- 3: Sun TT, Zhao H, Provet J, et al. Formation of asymmetric unit membrane during urothelial differentiation. Mol. Biol. Rep. 1996; 23:3-11.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6499
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin