- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: ULK1 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid peptide near the center of human ULK1 .
The immunogen is located within amino acids 350 - 400 of ULK1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: ULK1 Antibody can be used for detection of ULK1 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in rat samples and Immunofluorescence in rat samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: Two alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been identified. ULK1 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with ULK2.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1463 - Rat Brain Tissue Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 116 kDa
Observed: 105 kDa
- PURIFICATION: ULK1 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: ULK1 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: ULK1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: ULK1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: ULK1 Antibody: ATG1, ATG1A, UNC51, hATG1, Unc51.1, KIAA0722, Autophagy-related protein 1 homolog, ATG1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_003556
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4507831
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8408
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- ULK1 Antibody: ULK1, also known as ATG1, is a key serine/threonine protein kinase probably acting at the most upstream step of autophagosome formation. Knockout of ULK1 results in a severe defect in the autophagy pathway. ULK1 is highly conserved among eukaryotes, and are the Unc-51-like kinases, ULK1 and ULK2 in mammals. ULK1 is ubiquitously expressed and involved in autophagy in response to starvation. It is the target of the TOR kinase signaling pathway that regulates autophagy through the control of phosphorylation status of ATG13. ULK1 also plays a role early in neuronal differentiation.
- 1: Suzuki K, Kubota Y, Sekito T, et al. Hierarchy of Atg proteins in pre-autophagosomal structure organization. Genes to Cells 2007; 12:209–18.
- 2: Lee EJ and Tournier C. The requirement of uncoordinated 51-like kinase 1 (ULK1) and ULK2 in the regulation of autophagy. Autophagy 2011; 7:689-95.
- 3: Yan J, Kuroyanagi H, Tomemori T, et al. Mouse ULK2, a novel member of the UNC-51-like protein kinases: unique features of functional domains. Oncogene 1999; 18:5850–9.
- 4: Bach M, Larance M, James DE, et al. The serine/threonine kinase ULK1 is a target of multiple phosphorylation events. Biochem. J. 2011; 440:283-91.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7335
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin