- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: UCP1 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human UCP1 (GenBank accession.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of UCP1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: UCP1 antibody can be used for detection of UCP1 by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for Immunohistochemistry starting at 2.5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunohistochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: UCP1 antibody is human, mouse and rat reactive.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-201 - Human Liver Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 34 kDa
Observed: 35 kDa
- PURIFICATION: UCP1 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: UCP1 antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: UCP1 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: UCP1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: UCP1 Antibody: UCP, SLC25A7, UCP, Mitochondrial brown fat uncoupling protein 1, Solute carrier family 25 member 7, UCP 1
- Protein Accession Number: NP_068605
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 11225256
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7350
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The mitochondrial brown fat uncoupling protein 1 (UCP1) is a member of the family of mitochondrial anion carrier proteins (MACP) (1). UCPs separate oxidative phosphorylation from ATP synthesis with energy dissipated as heat, also referred to as the mitochondrial proton leak. UCPs facilitate the transfer of anions from the inner to the outer mitochondrial membrane and the return transfer of protons from the outer to the inner mitochondrial membrane. They also reduce the mitochondrial membrane potential in mammalian cells (1). UCP1 is expressed only in brown adipose tissue, a specialized tissue which functions to produce heat (1).
- 1: Rial E, Gonzalez-Barroso MM, Fleury C, et al. The structure and function of the brown fat uncoupling protein UCP1: current status. Biofactors 1998; 8:209-19.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7697
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin