- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (81%)
- IMMUNOGEN: UCMA antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide near the carboxy terminus of human UCMA.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of UCMA.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: UCMA antibody can be used for detection of UCMA by Western blot at 2.5 - 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1214 - SW1353 Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 15 kDa
Observed: 19 kDa
- PURIFICATION: UCMA Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: UCMA Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: UCMA antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: UCMA
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: UCMA Antibody: GRP, C10orf49, Unique cartilage matrix-associated protein, Gla-rich protein, Ucma-C
- Protein Accession Number: NP_660357
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 50400088
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 221044
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- UCMA Antibody: UCMA is a secreted cartilage-specific protein that was discovered in a screen for differentially expressed genes in retinoic acid-treated mouse chondrocytes. It was also identified in a human chondrocyte EST screen for candidate genes of skeletal dysplasias. UCMA expression is thought to parallel that of collagen II with its expression decreasing with maturation chrondrocytes mature. UCMA is processed by a furin-like protease into two fragments, an amino-terminal fragment and a carboxy-terminal fragment (UCMA-C). Application of recombinant UCMA-C to primary osteoblasts, mesenchymal stem cells, and MC3T3-E1 pre-osteoblasts interferes with their osteogenic differentiation, but does not affect expression of chondrocyte-specific genes or chondrocyte proliferation, suggesting that UCMA may be involved in the negative control of osteogenic differentiation of osteochondrogenic precursor cells. At least two isoforms of UCMA are known to exist.
- 1: Surmann-Schmitt C, Dietz U, Kireva T, et al. Ucma, a novel secreted cartilage-specific protein with implications in osteogenesis. J. Biol. Chem.2008; 283:7082-93.
- 2: Tagariello A, Luther J, Streiter M, et al. Ucma - a noel secreted factor represents a highly specific marker for distal chondrocytes. Matrix Biol.2008; 27:3-11.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 5211
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.