- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: This UBTF antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 631-660 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human UBTF.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 89 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is purified through a protein A column, followed by peptide affinity purification.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: UBTF
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Nucleolar transcription factor 1, Autoantigen NOR-90, Upstream-binding factor 1, UBF-1, UBTF, UBF, UBF1
- Protein Accession Number: P17480
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 136652
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7343
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Upstream binding factor (UBF) is a transcription factorrequired for expression of the 18S, 5.8S, and 28S ribosomal RNAs,along with SL1 (a complex of TBP (MIM 600075) and multipleTBP-associated factors or 'TAFs'). Two UBF polypeptides, of 94 and97 kD, exist in the human (Bell et al., 1988 [PubMed 3413483]). UBFis a nucleolar phosphoprotein with both DNA binding andtransactivation domains. Sequence-specific DNA binding to the coreand upstream control elements of the human rRNA promoter ismediated through several HMG boxes (Jantzen et al., 1990 [PubMed2330041]).
- 1: Hisaoka, M., et al. Mol. Cell. Biol. 30(20):4952-4964(2010)
- 2: Liu, Z., et al. Proteins 77(2):432-447(2009)
- 3: Lin, C.I., et al. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 386(2):396-401(2009)
- 4: Grob, A., et al. J. Cell. Sci. 122 (PT 4), 489-498 (2009) :
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 56-496
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.