- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Bovine, Chicken, Zebrafish, Rat, Xenopus
- IMMUNOGEN: This UBE2V1 antibody is generated from rabbits immunized with a KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 113-145 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human UBE2V1.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: For WB starting dilution is: 1:1000
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 16 kDa
- PURIFICATION: This antibody is prepared by Saturated Ammonium Sulfate (SAS) precipitation followed by dialysis
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: Rabbit Ig
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: Supplied in PBS with 0.09% (W/V) sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Store at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: UBE2V1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2 variant 1, UEV-1, CROC-1, TRAF6-regulated IKK activator 1 beta Uev1A, UBE2V1, CROC1, UBE2V, UEV1
- Protein Accession Number: Q13404
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 259016163
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 3875227335
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The CROC1 isoforms, also known as UBE2V1, show sequence similarity to ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes (UBCs, or E2s) but lack the conserved cysteine residue critical to catalytic activity of E2s.1 Northern blot analysis detected approximately 2.1- and 2.5-kb CROC1 transcripts in all human tissues examined, with the highest levels in brain, skeletal muscle, and kidney. Partial human intestinal epithelial cell cDNAs have been isolated containing the 3-primecoding sequence and 3-prime untranslated region of UBE2V1, also called UEV1.2 UEV1 does not have ubiquitin-conjugating activity in vitro. UEV1 transcripts are downregulated upon differentiation of a colon carcinoma cell line.1 Constitutive expression of exogenous UEV1 protein in these colon carcinoma cells inhibits their capacity to differentiate upon confluence and induces changes in cell cycle behavior associated with inhibition of CDK1. A heterodimeric protein complex has been identified that links TRAF6 to IKK activation.3 Peptide mass fingerprinting analysis revealed that this complex is composed of the ubiquitin conjugating enzyme UBC13 and the UBC-like protein UBE2V1, also called UEV1A. TRAF6, a RING domain protein, functions together with UBC13/UEV1A to catalyze the synthesis of unique polyubiquitin chains linked through lysine-63 (K63) of ubiquitin. Blockade of this polyubiquitin chain synthesis, but not inhibition of the proteasome, prevents the activation of IKK by TRAF6. These results unveil a new regulatory function for ubiquitin, in which IKK is activated through the assembly of K63-linked polyubiquitin chains.
- 1: Thomson, T.M., et al., Genome Res. 10(11):1743-1756 (2000).
- 2: Long, M., Genome Res. 10(11):1655-1657 (2000).
- 3: Deng, L., et al., Cell 103(2):351-361 (2000).
- 4: Hofmann, R.M., et al., Cell 96(5):645-653 (1999).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 61-118
- Size: 400 ul
- List Price: $445.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.