- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (81%)
- IMMUNOGEN: UBD antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid peptide near the center of human UBD.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 80 - 130 of UBD.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: UBD antibody can be used for detection of UBD by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: UBD antibody is human specific.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1313 - Human Testis Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 11-701 - Human Testis Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 18 kDa
Observed: 17 kDa
- PURIFICATION: UBD antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: UBD antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: UBD antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: UBD
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Ubiquitin D, Diubiquitin, FAT10, GABBR1, UBD-3, Ubiquitin-like protein FAT10
- Protein Accession Number: NP_006389
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 222352096
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 10537
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- UBD, also designated ubiquitin D or diubiquitin, plays a role in antigen presentation, cytokine response and apoptosis. It is a 165 amino acid protein encoded in the major histocompatibility complex (MHC) that consists of two domains which share significant homology with ubiquitin (1,2). UBD is inducible by interferon gamma and TNF-alpha and regulates TNF-alpha-induced and LPS-mediated activation of the central mediator of innate immunity NF-kappa-B by promoting TNF-alpha-mediated proteasomal degradation of ubiquitinated-I-kappa-B-alpha (3). It may also regulate cell growth during dendritic cell or B cell activation and development (4,5).
- 1: Ocklenburg F, Moharregh-Khiabani D, Geffers R, et al. UBD, a downstream element of FOXP3, allows the identification of LGALS3, a new marker of human regulatory T cells. Lab. Invest. 2006; 86:724-37.
- 2: Cook WJ, Jeffrey LC, Carson M, et al. Structure of a diubiquitin conjugate and a model for interaction with ubiquitin conjugating enzyme (E2). J. Biol. Chem. 1992; 267:16467-71.
- 3: Rahighi S, Ikeda F, Kawasaki M, et al. Specific recognition of linear ubiquitin chains by NEMO is important for NF-kappaB activation. Cell 2009;136:1098-109.
- 4: Cort L, Habib M, Eberwine RA, et al. Diubiquitin (Ubd) is a susceptibility gene for virus-triggered autoimmune diabetes in rats. Genes Immun. 2014; 15:168-75.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 8185
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin