- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: TYW4 antibody was raised against a 16 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human TYW4.
The immunogen is located within the first 50 amino acids of TYW4.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: TYW4 antibody can be used for detection of TYW4 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 5 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in rat samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: TYW4 antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other TYW protein family members. At least two isoforms of TYW4 are known to exist; this antibody will detect only the long isoform.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1463 - Rat Brain Tissue Lysate
- PURIFICATION: TYW4 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TYW4 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TYW4 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: LCMT2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TYW4 Antibody: PPM2, TYW4, KIAA0547, tRNA wybutosine-synthesizing protein 4, Leucine carboxyl methyltransferase 2, tRNA yW-synthesizing protein 4
- Protein Accession Number: NP_055608
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 25188199
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 9836
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- TYW4 Antibody: TYW4 is an enzyme that participates in the wybutosine-tRNA (Phe) biosynthesis pathway. Wybutosine (yW) is a hypermodified guanosine at the 3-prime position adjacent to the anticodon of phenylalanine tRNA that stabilizes codon-anticodon interactions during decoding on the ribosome. TYW4 is involved in a multistep enzymatic reaction that stabilizes codon-anticodon base-pairing during the ribosomal decoding process, thereby ensuring correct translation.
- 1: Noma A and Suzuki T. Ribonucleome analysis identified enzyme genes responsible for wybutosine synthesis. Nucleic Acids Symp. Ser. (Oxf) 2006; 65-6.
- 2: Noma A, Kirino Y, Ikeuchi Y, et al. Biosynthesis of wybutosine, a hyper-modified nucleoside in eukaryotic phenylalanine tRNA. EMBO J. 2006; 25:2142-54.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6379
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin