- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Mouse, Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: TH (Ser31) polyclonal antibody was raised against a synthetic phosphopeptide corresponding to amino acids residues surrounding the phospho-Ser31 of rat tyrosine hydroxylase (TH).
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IF, IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Applications include Dot Blots (DB), Immunoblotting (IB), Immunofluorescence (IF), Immunohistochemistry (IHC) and Western Blots (WB). Mouse and rat have 100% amino acid sequence identity with the antigen used to raise the antibody. When internally tested under ideal conditions the working dilutions were 1:1000 for IF, IHC, DB and WB.
- SPECIFICITY: Tyrosine Hydroxylase antibody is specific for the 60k Tyrosine Hydroxylase phosphorylated at Ser31 in PC-12 cells stimulated by Okadaic Acid.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 60
- PURIFICATION: Affinity Purified
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: For long term storage –80°C is recommended, but shorter term storage at –20°C is also acceptable as aliquots may be taken without freeze/thawing due to the presence of 50% glycerol. Stable for one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: Th
- Protein Accession Number: P04177
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 136577
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 25085
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Tyrosine Hydroxylase (TH) is the rate-limiting enzyme in the synthesis of the catecholamines Dopamine and Norepinephrine. TH antibodies can therefore be used as markers for dopaminergic and noradrenergic neurons. We raised this polyclonal antibody against a peptide representing the sequence around Ser19 in rat TH purified. This antibody is suitable for most immunochemical applications in a variety of mammalian and some non-mammalian species.
- 1: Witkovsky, P., Gabriel, R., Haycock, J. W., and Meller, E., "Influence of light and neural circuitry on tyrosine hydroxylase phosphorylation in the rat retina," J. Chem. Neuroanat., 19 (2000) 105 - 116.
- 2: Salvatore, M.F., Garcia-Espana, A., Goldstein, M., Deutch, A.Y., and Haycock, J.W., "Stoichiometry of tyrosine hydroxylase phosphorylation in the nigrostriatal and mesolimbic systems in vivo: effects of acute haloperidol and related compounds," J. Neurochem., 75 (2000) 225 - 232.
- 3: Xu, Z.-Q., Lew, J. Y., Harada, K., Aman, K., Goldstein, M., Deutch, A., Haycock, J. W., and Hokfelt, T., "Immunohistochemical studies on phosphorylation of tyrosine hydroxylase in central catecholamine neurons using site- and phosphorylation state-specific antibodies," Neuroscience, 82 (1998) 727-738.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: XPS-1032
- Size: 0.1 mL
- List Price: $480.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.