- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-TWEAK antibody (3791) was raised against recombinant human TWEAK protein.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 0.5-4 μg/mL; IHC: 5-10 μg/mL; IF: 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human and mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in human and mouse samples; Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1201 - HeLa Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 27 and 36 kD
Observed: 27 and 36 kD
Recombinant Protein Test (Figure 2): Anti-TWEAK antibodies (3791) detected human TWEAK recombinant protein at different concentrations.
- ISOFORMS: Human TWEAK has 2 isoforms, including isoform 1 (249aa, 27kD) and isoform 2 (330aa, 36kD). Mouse TWEAK has one isoform (249aa, 27kD) and Rat TWEAK also has one isoform (249aa, 27kD).
- PURIFICATION: TWEAK Antibody is Protein A-purified.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TWEAK Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TWEAK antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TNFSF12
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TWEAK Antibody: APO3L, DR3LG, TWEAK, APO3L, UNQ181/PRO207, Tumor necrosis factor ligand superfamily member 12, APO3 ligand
- Protein Accession Number: NP_003800
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 4507597
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 8742
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- TWEAK Antibody: TNF-related weak inducer of apoptosis (TWEAK) is a member of the tumor necrosis factor superfamily (TNFSF) of structurally related cytokines. Like most other members of this family, TWEAK is a cell surface-associated type II transmembrane protein although a smaller, biologically active form can also be generated by cleavage near the cell membrane. TWEAK has multiple biological activities, including stimulation of cell growth and angiogenesis, induction of inflammatory cytokines, in addition to stimulation of apoptosis. The TWEAK signal transduction pathway has not been well established but it appears to signal via TweakR/Fn14 in a manner similar to that described for other TNFSF members that bind receptors lacking death domains.
- 1: Wiley and Winkles. Cyto. And Growth Factor Rev. 2003; 14:241-9.
- 2: Chicheportiche et al. J. Biol. Chem. 1997; 272:32401-10.
- 3: Lynch et al. J. Biol. Chem. 1999; 274:8455-9.
- 4: Chicheportiche et al. Arthr. Res. 2002; 4:126-33. 5.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3791
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin