- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (100%), Bovine: (93%)
- IMMUNOGEN: TTC5 antibody was raised against a 14 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy terminus of human TTC5.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of TTC5.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: TTC5 antibody can be used for the detection of TTC5 by Western blot at 0.5 - 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 10 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1283 - RAW 264.7 Cell Lysate
- PURIFICATION: TTC5 Antibody is immunoaffinity purified IgG.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TTC5 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TTC5 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TTC5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TTC5 Antibody: Strap, Tetratricopeptide repeat protein 5, Stress-responsive activator of p300, TPR repeat protein 5
- Protein Accession Number: Q8N0Z6
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 67462006
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 91875
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- TTC5 Antibody: Tetratricopeptide repeat protein 5 (TTC5) is a member of a diverse group of functionally distinct proteins that are characterized by containing one or more tetratricopeptide repeats. Each motif consists of two anti-parallel a-helices such that tandem arrays of TPR motifs generate a right-handed helical structure with an amphipathic channel that may serve to accommodate the complementary region of a target protein. While the exact function of TTC5 remains unclear, it is thought that the TPR motifs serve to mediate protein-protein interactions such as those seen with protein chaperones HSP70 and HSP90 and some proteins involved in cell stress response signaling pathways such as protein phosphatase 5, suggesting that TTC5 may also function via protein-protein interactions mediated by its TPR motifs.
- 1: Blatch GL and Lassle M. The tetratricopeptide repeat: a structural motif mediating protein-protein interactions. BioEssays 1999; 21:932-9
- 2: Song Y and Masison DC. Independent regulation of Hsp70 and Hsp90 chaperones by Hsp70/Hsp90-organizing protein Sti1 (Hop1). J. Biol. Chem. 2005; 280:34178-85.
- 3: Yang J, Roe SM, Cliff MJ, et al. Molecular basis for TPR domain-mediated regulation of protein phosphatase 5. EMBO J. 2005; 24:1-10.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3053
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin