- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: Rabbit polyclonal TSPY1S antibody was raised against a 13 amino acid peptide near the carboxy terminus of human TSPY1S.
The immunogen is located within the last 50 amino acids of TSPY1S.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: TSPY1S antibody can be used for detection of TSPY1S by Western blot at 1 - 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: TSPY1S antibody is human and mouse reactive. At least three isoforms of TSPY1 are known to exist; this antibody will detect only TSPY1S
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1288 - A20 Cell Lysate
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 32 kDa
- PURIFICATION: TSPY1S Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TSPY1S Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TSPY1S antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TSPY1
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TSPY1S Antibody: CT78, TSPY, DYS14, pJA923, Testis-specific Y-encoded protein 1, CT78
- Protein Accession Number: NP_001184171
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 308522758
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 7258
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- TSPY1S Antibody: Testis-specific protein on Y chromosome (TSPY1) is an ampliconic gene on the Y chromosome that has been associated with gonadoblastoma. Recent experiments have shown that in androgen-dependent testicular germ-cell tumors, TSPY1 can repress the androgen-bound androgen receptor (AR), a member of the nuclear steroid hormone receptor family that acts as a ligand-inducible transcription factor, suggesting that TSPY1 is a repressor of cell proliferation in germ-cell tumors and potentially in normal gonadal cells during early development. Two distinct isoforms of TSPY1, TSPY1L and TSPY1S, are known to exist.
- 1: Arnemann J, Jakubiczka S, Thuring S, et al. Cloning and sequence analysis of a human Y-chromosome-derived, testicular cDNA, TSPY. Genomics 1991; 11:108-114
- 2: Lau YF. Gonadoblastoma, testicular and prostate cancers, and the TSPY gene. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 1999; 64:921-7.
- 3: Akimoto C, Ueda T, Inoue K, et al. Testis-specific protein on Y chromosome (TSPY) represses the activity of the androgen receptor in androgen-dependent testicular germ-cell tumors. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 2010; 107:19891-6.
- 4: Krick R, Jacubiczka S, and Arnemann J. Expression, alternative splicing and haplotype analysis of transcribed testis specific protein (TSPY) genes. Gene 2003; 302:11-9.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7123
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin