- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse
- IMMUNOGEN: Anti-TSLP antibody (4023) was raised against a peptide corresponding to 19 amino acids near the center of human TSLP.
The immunogen is located within the amino acids 40-90 of TSLP.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: WB: 0.25 - 4 μg/mL; IHC-P: 2.5 μg/mL; IF: 20 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human and mouse samples; Immunohistochemistry and Immunofluorescence in human and mouse samples; Immunocytochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1288 - A20 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1303 - Human Brain Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 10-301 - Human Brain Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 18 kD
Observed: 17, 24 kD (Post-modifications: 2 N linked glycosylations)
Recombinant Protein Test (Figure 2): Anit-TSLP antibodies (4023) detected human TSLP recombinant protein at different concentrations.
Regulated Expression Validation (Figure 8-11): Anit-TSLP antibodies (4021) detected increased expression in multiple tissue or cells after treatment with cytokines or chemicals, in which the increase in the expression was inhibited by co-treatment with anti-cholinergic drugs (Figure 8).
- ISOFORMS: Human TSLP has 2 isoforms, including isoform 1 (159aa, 18kD) and isoform 2 (63aa, 7kD). Mouse TSLP has one isoform (140aa, 16kD) and Rat TSLP also has one isoform (135aa, 16kD). 4023 can detect only longer human isoform, but cannot detect shorter human isoform, mouse and rat.
- PURIFICATION: TSLP Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TSLP Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TSLP antibody can be stored at 4°C up to one year. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TSLP
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TSLP Antibody: Thymic stromal lymphopoietin
- Protein Accession Number: NP_149024
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 14719428
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 85480
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- TSLP Antibody: Thymic stromal lymphopoietin (TSLP) has recently been identified as an important factor capable of driving dendritic cell maturation and activation. TSLP is a four-helix-bundle cytokine that is expressed mainly by barrier epithelial cells and is a potent activator of several cell types such as myeloid dendritic cells. TSLP is involved in the positive selection of regulatory T cells, maintenance of peripheral CD4+ T cell homeostasis and the induction of CD4+ T cell-mediated allergic reaction. TSLP is also capable of supporting the growth of fetal liver and adult B cell progenitors and their differentiation to the IgM-positive stage of B cell development. Amino acid sequence analysis has shown poor homology between human and mouse TSLP although they exhibit similar biological functions and are expressed in similar tissues. At least two differentially spliced isoforms of TSLP are known to exist.
- 1: Ziegler and Liu. Nature Immunol. 2006; 7:709-14.
- 2: Sims et al. J. Exp. Med. 2000; 192:671-80.
- 3: Levin et al. J. Immunol. 1999; 162:677-83.
- 4: Quentmeier et al. Leukemia 2001; 15:1286-92.
- 1: Anzalone et al. IL-17A-associated IKK-α signaling induced TSLP production in epithelial cells of COPD patients. Exp Mol Med. 2018;50(10):131. PMID: PMID: 30291224.
- 2: Lin et al. Interleukin-32 induced thymic stromal lymphopoietin plays a critical role in the inflammatory response in human corneal epithelium. Cell Signal. 2018;49:39-45. PMID: PMID: 29803543.
- 3: Lin et al. Regulation of interleukin 33/ST2 signaling of human corneal epithelium in allergic diseases. Int J Ophthalmol. 2013;6(1):23-9. PMID: PMID: 23550226.
- 4: Allakhverdi et al. Mast Cell-Activated Bone Marrow Mesenchymal Stromal Cells Regulate Proliferation and Lineage Commitment of CD34(+) Progenitor Cells. Front Immunol. 2013;4:461. PMID: PMID: 24381572.
- 5: Li et al. Short ragweed pollen triggers allergic inflammation through Toll-like receptor 4-dependent thymic stromal lymphopoietin/OX40 ligand/OX40 signaling pathways. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2011;128(6):1318-1325.e2. PMID: PMID: 21820713.
- 6: Zheng et al. TSLP and downstream molecules in experimental mouse allergic conjunctivitis. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51(6):3076-82. PMID: PMID: 20107175.
- 7: Ma et al. Human corneal epithelium-derived thymic stromal lymphopoietin links the innate and adaptive immune responses via TLRs and Th2 cytokines. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009;50(6):2702-9. PMID: PMID: 19151401.
- 8: Cui et al. TSLP Protects Corneas From Pseudomonas aeruginosa Infection by Regulating Dendritic Cells and IL-23-IL-17 Pathway. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2018;59(10):4228-4237. PMID: PMID: 30128494.
- 9: Giulia Anzalone. IL-17A induces chromatin remodeling promoting IL-8 and TSLP release in bronchial epithelial cells. Effect of Tiotropium. University of Palermo. PhD Thesis. 2015. PMID:
- 10: Soma Tripathi. Reduced proliferation and increased TSLP expression by lung fibroblasts from COPD patients. University of Manitoba. MSc Thesis. 2013.PMID:
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 4023
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.