- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human, Mouse, Rat
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Pig: (88%)
- IMMUNOGEN: TSHZ2 antibody was raised against a 17 amino acid synthetic peptide near the amino terminus of human TSHZ2.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 30 - 80 of TSHZ2.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: TSHZ2 antibody can be used for detection of TSHZ2 by Western blot at 1 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunofluorescence starting at 20 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in mouse samples and Immunofluorescence in mouse samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1288 - A20 Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 17-208 - A-20 Cell Slide
- PURIFICATION: TSHZ2 Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TSHZ2 Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TSHZ2 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TSHZ2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TSHZ2 Antibody: TSH2, ZABC2, ZNF218, OVC10-2, C20orf17, TSH2, Teashirt homolog 2, Ovarian cancer-related protein 10-2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_775756
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 153945734
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 128553
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- TSHZ2 Antibody: The Teashirt zinc finger homeobox (TSHZ) family comprise a family of evolutionarily conserved transcription factors that, in Drosophila, are active in specific body parts for patterning, but whose function in vertebrates is less clear. In mice, the known three TSHZ proteins are expressed in distinct patterns in the developing and adult brain, suggesting that they play a role in the establishment of regional identity and specification of cell types within the brain. Recent experiments have shown that the expression of TSHZ2 is frequently downregulated in most breast and prostate cancers and its promoter was unmethylated in virtually all cases, suggesting this family of proteins may also be involved in carcinogenesis.
- 1: Caubit X, Core N, Boned A, et al. Vertebrate orthologues of the Drosophila region-specific patterning gene teashirt. Mech. Dev. 2000; 91:445-8.
- 2: Santos JS, Fonseca NA, Vieira CP, et al. Phylogeny of the Teashirt-related zinc finger (tshz) gene family and analysis of the developmental expression of tshz2 and tshz3 in the zebrafish. Dev. Dyn. 2010; 239:1010-8.
- 3: Caubit X, Tiveron MC, Cremer H, et al. Expression patterns of the three Teashirt-related genes define specific boundaries in the developing and postnatal mouse forebrain. J. Comp. Neurol. 2005; 486:76-88.
- 4: Yamamoto M, Cid E, Bru S, et al. Rare and frequent promoter methylation, respectively, of TSHZ2 and 3 genes that are both downregulated in expression in breast and prostate cancers. PLoS ONE 2011; 6:e17149.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 6757
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin