- HOST SPECIES: Sheep
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Rat
- IMMUNOGEN: TPH polyclonal antibody was raised against recombinant rabbit tryptophan hydroxylase, isolated as inclusion bodies from E.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: IHC, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: Tryptophan Hydroxylase antibody can be used for specific immunolabeling of the ~55k TPH protein in Western blots of human dorsal Raphe nucleus. Applications include Dot Blots (DB) Immunohistochemistry (IHC) and Western Blots (WB). The antibody has been used successfully with rat and human brain tissues in blot immunolabeling and immunohistochemical procedures. Based upon the relatively high degree of homology of tryptophan hydroxylase, the antibodies should cross-react with other mammalian species. When internally tested under ideal conditions the working dilutions were 1:1000 for IHC, DB and WB.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 55
- PURIFICATION: Affinity Purified
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- CONCENTRATION: batch dependent
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: For long term storage –80°C is recommended, but shorter term storage at –20°C is also acceptable as aliquots may be taken without freeze/thawing due to the presence of 50% glycerol. Stable for one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TPH2
- Protein Accession Number: P17290
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 2506222
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 100009100
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- Tryptophan hydroxylase (TPH) catalyzes the first step in the biosynthesis of serotonin and melatonin. In mammals, serotonin biosynthesis occurs predominantly in neurons which originate in the raphe nuclei of the brain, and melatonin synthesis takes place within the pineal gland. Although TPH catalyzes the same reaction within the raphe nuclei and the pineal gland, TPH activity is rate-limiting for serotonin but not melatonin biosynthesis..
- 1: Haycock, J.W., Kumer, S.C., Lewis, D.A., Vrana, K.E., and Stockmeier, C.A, "A monoclonal antibody to tryptophan hydroxylase: applications and identification of the epitope," J. Neurosci. Meth. 114 (2002), 205 - 212.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: XPS-2030
- Size: 0.1 mL
- List Price: $480.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.