- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- HOMOLOGY: Predicted species reactivity based on immunogen sequence: Rat: (100%), Mouse: (100%)
- IMMUNOGEN: TRPV4 antibody was raised against an 18 amino acid peptide near the center of human TRPV4.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 380 - 430 of TRPV4.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IF, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: TRPV4 antibody can be used for detection of TRPV4 by Western blot at 1 μg/ml. Antibody can also be used for Immunohistochemistry starting at 2 μg/mL. For immunofluorescence start at 5 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples; Immunohistochemistry in human samples and Immunofluorescence in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: TRPV4 antibody is human specific. At least six isoforms of TRPV4 are known to exist. This antibody is predicted to not cross-react with other TRP protein family members.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1220 - SK-N-SH Cell Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 10-101 - Human Lung Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 96 kDa
Observed: 100 kDa
- PURIFICATION: TRPV4 antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TRPV4 antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TRPV4 antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TRPV4
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TRPV4 Antibody: SMAL, VRL2, CMT2C, SPSMA, TRP12, VROAC, HMSN2C, OTRPC4, SSQTL1, Transient receptor potential cation channel subfamily V member 4, Osm-9-like TRP channel 4, TrpV4
- Protein Accession Number: NP_067638
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 22547184
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 59341
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- The transient receptor potential (TRP) protein family consists of a diverse group of cation channels functioning in a variety of homeostatic and regulatory pathways. Four subfamilies exist, based on channel domain homology: C type (canonical), V type (vanilloid receptor related), M type (melastatin related) and P type (PKD) (1). TRPV4, belongs to the V type subfamily and plays a role in systemic osmoregulation (2,3). TRPV4 is a calcium channel multi-pass membrane protein activated by various stimuli, including thermal stress, fatty acid metabolites and hypotonicity (3). TRPV4 is highly expressed in lung and kidney and widely expressed in brain. It plays an important role in regulating neural excitability (4).
- 1: Birnbaumer L, Yildirim E and Abramowitz J. A comparison of the genes coding for canonical TRP channels and their M, V and P relatives. Cell Calcium 2003; 33:419-32.
- 2: Alessandri-Haber N, Dina OA, Yeh JJ, et al. Transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 is essential in chemotherapy-induced neuropathic pain in the rat. J. Neurosci. 2004; 24:4444-52.
- 3: Liedtke W. TRPV4 plays an evolutionary conserved role in the transduction of osmotic and mechanical stimuli in live animals. J. Physiol. 2005; 567:53-8.
- 4: Shibasaki K, Suzuki M, Mizuno A, et al. Effects of body temperature on neural activity in the hippocampus: regulation of resting membrane potentials by transient receptor potential vanilloid 4. J. Neurosci. 2007; 27:1566–75.
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 7695
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $89.00 – $395.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin