- HOST SPECIES: Rabbit
- SPECIES REACTIVITY: Human
- IMMUNOGEN: TRIM5 alpha antibody was raised against a synthetic peptide corresponding to 19 amino acids near the center of rhesus monkey TRIM5 alpha.
The immunogen is located within amino acids 390 - 440 of TRIM5 alpha.
- CONJUGATE: Unconjugated
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: E, IHC-P, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: TRIM5 alpha antibody can be used for detection of TRIM5 alpha by Western blot at 2 μg/mL. Antibody can also be used for immunohistochemistry starting at 2 μg/mL.
Antibody validated: Western Blot in human samples and Immunohistochemistry in human samples. All other applications and species not yet tested.
- SPECIFICITY: TRIM5 alpha antibody will not cross-react with other isoforms of TRIM5.
- POSITIVE CONTROL 1: Cat. No. 1319 - Human Stomach Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 2: Cat. No. 1317 - Human Uterus Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 3: Cat. No. 1314 - Human Thymus Tissue Lysate
- POSITIVE CONTROL 4: Cat. No. 11-401 - Human Uterus Tissue Slide
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: Predicted: 54 kDa
Observed: 54 kDa
- PURIFICATION: TRIM5 alpha Antibody is affinity chromatography purified via peptide column.
- CLONALITY: Polyclonal
- ISOTYPE: IgG
- PHYSICAL STATE: Liquid
- BUFFER: TRIM5 alpha Antibody is supplied in PBS containing 0.02% sodium azide.
- CONCENTRATION: 1 mg/mL
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: TRIM5 alpha antibody can be stored at 4°C for three months and -20°C, stable for up to one year. As with all antibodies care should be taken to avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles. Antibodies should not be exposed to prolonged high temperatures.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TRIM5
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: TRIM5 alpha Antibody: RNF88, TRIM5alpha, RNF88, Tripartite motif-containing protein 5, RING finger protein 88
- Protein Accession Number: ABG67967
- PROTEIN GI NUMBER: 110339457
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 574288
- USER NOTE: Optimal dilutions for each application to be determined by the researcher.
- TRIM5 alpha Antibody: TRIM5 is a member of a broad family of otherwise unrelated proteins defined by the presence of a tripartite motif containing a RING domain, a B-box type 1, and a B-box type 2, followed by a coiled-coil region. TRIM5 has six alternately spliced isoforms, the longest of which is the alpha variant which also contains a carboxy-terminal B30.2 (SPRY) domain. Expression of TRIM5α variants from humans, rhesus monkeys, and African green monkeys enabled resistance to infection by various retroviruses including HIV-1, albeit at differing efficiencies. All TRIM5α variants could inhibit at least two different retroviruses, but not from those viruses isolated from the same species, suggesting that TRIM5α acts as a natural barrier to cross-species retrovirus transmission.
- 1: Reymond A, Meroni G, Fantozzi A, et al. The tripartite motif family identifies cell compartments. EMBO J. 2001; 20:2140-51.
- 2: Stremlau M, Owens CM, Perron MJ, et al. The cytoplasmic body component TRIM5a restricts HIV-1 infection in Old World monkeys. Nature 2004; 427:848-53.
- 3: Hatziioannou T, Perez-Caballero D, Yang A, et al. Retrovirus resistance factors REF1 and Lv1 are species-specific variants of TRIM5α. Proc. Nat'l. Acad. Sci. USA 2004; 101:10774-9
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user. The information provided is a guideline for product use. This product is for research use only.
CATALOG NUMBER: 3251
- Size: 0.02 mg | 0.1 mg
- List Price: $109.00 – $379.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin