- SPECIES: Human
- SOURCE SPECIES: HEK293 cells
- RECOMBINANT PROTEIN SEQUENCE: His 19 - Ser 174
- FUSION TAG: Fc Tag
- TESTED APPLICATIONS: ELISA, WB
- APPLICATION NOTE: This protein carries a human IgG1 Fc tag at the C-terminus. The protein has a calculated MW of 43.9 kDa. The protein migrates as 55-65 kDa under reducing (R) condition (SDS-PAGE) due to glycosylation.
- PREDICTED MOLECULAR WEIGHT: 43.9 kDa
- PURITY: >95% as determined by SDS-PAGE.
- PHYSICAL STATE: Lyophilized
- BUFFER: 50 mM Tris, 100 mM Glycine, 25 mM Arginine, 150 mM NaCl, pH7.5
- STORAGE CONDITIONS: Lyophilized Protein should be stored at -20°C or lower for long term storage. Upon reconstitution, working aliquots should be stored at -20°C or -70°C. Avoid repeated freeze-thaw cycles.
- NCBI OFFICIAL SYMBOL: TREM2
- ADDITIONAL NAMES: Triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells 2/TREM2/TREM-2
- Protein Accession Number: NP_061838.1
- NCBI GENE ID NUMBER: 54209
- Triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells 2 (TREM2) is a cell surface receptor of the immunoglobulin superfamily. The TREM2 is found in various tissue macrophages, such as CNS microglia, bone osteoclasts, alveolar, peritoneal and intestinal macrophages. TREM2 is also present on cultured bone marrow-derived macrophages and monocyte-derived dendritic cells. Some research have identified a rare variant of TREM2 that is a risk factor for Alzheimer disease (AD), which is the most common form of late-onset dementia.The extracellular region of TREM2 contains a single immunoglobulin superfamily domain and binds polyanionic ligands, such as bacterial lipopolysaccharide (LPS) and phospholipids8. Upon ligand binding, TREM2 transmits intracellular signals through an adaptor, DAP12 (also known as TYRO protein tyrosine kinase-binding protein (TYROBP)), which is associated with the transmembrane region of TREM2 and which recruits the protein tyrosine kinase SYK through its cytosolic immunoreceptor tyrosine-based activation motifs (ITAMs). TREM2 is a pro-tumorigenic marker of tumor-infiltrating macrophages in mouse models and human tumors that can be targeted to curb tumor growth and improve the efficacy of checkpoint blockade therapy while remodeling the landscape of tumor-infiltrating macrophages.
- 1: Martina Molgora, Ekaterina Esaulova et al. TREM2 Modulation Remodels the Tumor Myeloid Landscape Enhancing Anti-PD-1 Immunotherapy.[J]. CELL, 2020.
- 2: Colonna M , Wang Y . TREM2 variants: new keys to decipher Alzheimer disease pathogenesis.[J]. Nature reviews Neuroence, 2016.
- 3: Karanfilian L , Tosto M G , Malki K . The Role of TREM2 in Alzheimer's Disease; Evidence from Transgenic Mouse Models[J]. Neurobiology of Aging, 2019.
- 4: Guerreiro R , Wojtas A , Bras J , et al. TREM2 variants in Alzheimer's disease.[J]. New England Journal of Medicine, 2013, 368(2).
- FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY
For additional information, visit ProSci's Terms & Conditions Page.
- Disclaimer: Products are intended for laboratory research purposes only and should be used by qualified personnel only. They are not intended for use in humans. ProSci is not liable for damages or injuries resulting from receipt and/or use of ProSci materials. Please refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for safe storage, handling, and use procedures.
CATALOG NUMBER: 11-127
- Size: 0.1 mg
- List Price: $525.00
$65 Standard Overnight flat rate for as many products shipped within the United States.
$35 Dry Ice Shipment fee may be required on some items.
Note: Online orders only accepted for shipment within the USA. Click here for the list of international distributors.
Customize your order
Bulk Pricing Available
Custom Formulations: azide free, endotoxin testing & endotoxin removal.
Pair your antibody with a Lysate, Peptide, Control, & /OR Secondary Antibody.
Contact our Customer Care Team for more information
Custom Antibody Services
Speak to one of our custom antibody specialists to discuss your next custom antibody project.
New & Featured Products
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [10A2] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7371-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [9D2F6] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7369-biotin
HIV-1 p24 Antibody [8D7E11] (biotin)
CATALOG NUMBER: PM-7367-biotin